5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

24 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I wish, but no. 

It's saying that if Haskins receivers had no drops, their passing offense still would have been net negative. 

Which while still hysterical, isn't quite as great.

If we isolated the Rich Rod bubble screens from the Mac era, I honestly believe the data would show it would've been more productive for our offense if those were all dropped lol.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If we isolated the Rich Rod bubble screens from the Mac era, I honestly believe the data would show it would've been more productive for our offense if those were all dropped lol.

Leave Richard Rodgers alone!!! Lol

But seriously, **** that concept to hell. Waste of everybody's time and money. I need that reminder so I can control my hated for 12 personnel runs on 2nd and 8. 

• Like 2

Our QB is 2014-2015 Kobe Bryant taking 48% of his FGAs as mid range jumpshots and still  being talented enough to hit an impressive percentage of them compared to the rest of the league, and putting up a decent enough statline (22/6/6) but the more you look into the advanced stats (48% TS% Cripes) the more it looks kinda sad.  

We need some James Harden decision making. 

pass-success-by-field-zone.jpg

Aaron Rodgers All Qb-grid Chart

+++

2019 MOF Usage

Name SI M
M. Ryan 49.4%
D. Carr 46.8%
J. Garoppolo 46.2%
R. Fitzpatrick 45.9%
L. Jackson 45.7%
P. Rivers 45.6%
R. Tannehill 45.4%
D. Brees 44.7%
J. Flacco 44.4%
D. Watson 44.3%
J. Goff 43.8%
K. Allen 43.7%
D. Jones 43.3%
D. Prescott 42.5%
C. Keenum 42.1%
A. Dalton 41.2%
M. Trubisky 40.6%
T. Brady 40.4%
B. Mayfield 40.2%
J. Brissett 39.8%
J. Winston 39.7%
M. Rudolph 39.6%
G. Minshew 38.6%
C. Wentz 37.7%
P. Mahomes 36.6%
K. Cousins 36.2%
K. Murray 36.2%
J. Allen 36.0%
S. Darnold 35.3%
M. Stafford 33.2%
R. Wilson 31.5%
A. Rodgers 24.6%

Data from Sports Info Solutions

Edited by AlexGreen#20

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

Weren’t you complaining about SIS stats earlier in the offseason?

Only when they can't be verified and appear to be blatantly manipulated like the drop yardage garbage they posted. 

It's pretty easy to look through the game logs and confirm this data.

• 2 months later...

I can't do it.  Tell you they aren't getting open.  Really loved that cut regarding the Kittle down out down and Graham's down out down.  That was fun to watch.

Regarding Aaron and being "elite".  He is not what he once was, but, he does flash it still.  I honestly feel like he still has it in him.  The difference is 3-4 throws a game.  And really, many of those throws can come simply from releasing the ball on time and working over the middle more.

It doesn't help that Kirksey has picked him off over the middle already....lol.  Rodgers not used to an ILB that can actually cover!

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Watch that video and tell me it's our receivers not getting open. 

I don't know why, but he's become a bit gun shy to let it rip at times.  He's still got the arm strength to make any throw.  Passing up big plays over the middle of the field is unacceptable.  The Packers brass obviously is not real keen on Aaron's play of they would not have given up a 1st and 4th for the heir apparent this many years before Rodgers expected expiration date.  Now we will see if Aaron is jolted back into MVP level Aaron, or is what he is .. an aging QB with diminishing skills.  Early reports are that he has a different attitude this season. 

• Like 1

I think Arod's reluctance to go over the middle has to do with reduced confidence. What I'm not sure about is whether it's reduced confidence in his receivers, or reduced confidence in his own accuracy. An errant throw over the middle or an improperly run route over the middle is more likely to result in an interception than a sideline route. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think Arod's reluctance to go over the middle has to do with reduced confidence. What I'm not sure about is whether it's reduced confidence in his receivers, or reduced confidence in his own accuracy. An errant throw over the middle or an improperly run route over the middle is more likely to result in an interception than a sideline route. 

I don't feel like it has anything to do with his arm or his receivers.  It's just a riskier throw and he's clearly become a guy that doesn't take those risks.  And to be fair?  It worked last year.

But if this offense is to be better, he needs to take a few more calculated gambles (passes) over the middle.

I have no doubt that Kirksey's pick on him in the first practice, over the middle, has haunted his dreams for nights now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

HIs accuracy has declined a lot, it seems to me.  So to have lost confidence in being able to make difficult, accurate throws would seem natural and honest to reality.  Why his recognition/decision-making had declined, that's not so natural.