5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

20 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

This is just the weirdest play by rodgers, there was several times he threw to the covered flat this game too. Guy has gotta snap out of it and see the field better.

MIKE MCCARTHY AND SCHEMED OPEN BUT IT DIDN'T WORK BC RODGERS IS DUMB. I am vindicated for life!

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Speaks to the age old question:  is it scheme or execution that’s not working?

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

That is a flat out miss by Rodgers.  Back footed side arm throw.  Detroit brings 5 and the OL holds up well enough.  

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Exactly right. The scheme resulted in a wide open Davante. The lack of execution resulted in a total miss and a bad pass from AR.

33 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

This is just the weirdest play by rodgers, there was several times he threw to the covered flat this game too. Guy has gotta snap out of it and see the field better.

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

MIKE MCCARTHY AND SCHEMED OPEN BUT IT DIDN'T WORK BC RODGERS IS DUMB. I am vindicated for life!

So, we realize that he was trying to throw to Davante but Williams throws his hand up and tips the pass, right?

Play worked, right decision, mediocre throw, and really unlucky outcome.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

So, we realize that he was trying to throw to Davante but Williams throws his hand up and tips the pass, right?

Well I will can't tell because he uses a 120p cell phone camera and I don't remember that play

Aaron is playing hurt and not practicing.  He'll be much better after the bye.  Outpost does make a few points that I don't totally disagree with.  However losing Aaron without a worthy successor is death.  We don't have one waiting in the wings and just signed him to an enormous contract.  Not an option.

Rodgers is being overshadowed by Goff and Mahomes at the moment.  Maybe that chip on his shoulder will return.  I am willing to give Aaron a pass because recent injuries.  He missed most of last year and now has a bum wheel.  So being a little off is to be expected.  Really give him credit for toughing it out and playing through the knee.  Yes he's human and it is affecting his performance.  Barring any setbacks he should round back into form soon.  

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Is AR or somebody else on paper saying thats how the play broke down? You dont have to provide a link or something (i.e. prove it to me) - just asking if thats been discussed by any of the players or coaches. Visually I couldnt see the "in between" player well enough to know who it was but it looks more like an AR miss.The deflection angle would make better sense though - simply cause I couldnt see what would cause AR to misfire so badly. Its not like he was getting tackled/sacked when he released the pass.

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

But it's not too late.  We could still trade Rodgers and McCarthy to the Browns.  They deserve each other.  We could get Mayfield and Garrett. 

I'm not saying trading McCarthy is a bad idea but if we traded Rodgers to anybody this would rank along side the disaster of Devine trading for Hadl in 1974.  New Orleans didn't trade away Brees when they had those 3 losing seasons recently.  QBs like these 2 are once in a generational players that GMs don't let get away if you want to keep your job.

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Maybe the injury wrecked Carr.  Fine.  We'd still be better off without Rodgers and with the best offer we could get for him.  If not Carr/Mack, some other team's best offer.

You make is sound like quality QBs grow on trees.  Let's just dump our first ballot HOFer who might go down as one of the best ever for some younger QB because his salary is low.  If what you are suggesting works why haven't other GMs done this before now?  Because this isn't Madden.

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Exactly right. The scheme resulted in a wide open Davante. The lack of execution resulted in a total miss and a bad pass from AR.

Yup.  IMO execution is the main culprit when a play fails.  Rodgers hasn't been himself this year.  Is it his bum knee?  Is his relationship with MM gone south?  The line was giving him time and Davante was open.  If any team needs a break it is us...