5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

that's never stopped you from whining about team management.

Quality post, hombre. Hasn't stopped you from sitting on your high horse either. Now, kindly **** off and let the civil conversations happen.

And I haven't bitched about team management since TT retired but carry on, my "better" man.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's about time two new people get into a fight around here. 

That's about the extent that you're gonna get from me anymore. I spent too many years squabbling here with people. I'm down to just GIFing people when I run out constructive things to say lol.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Can we drink the damn Kool aid until I'm done being quarantined? Hate Rodgers all you want and I'll call all you guys turds in July, but right now, nothing but "G-Force" song on 24 hour repeat and Rodgers is the GOAT.

I don't understand how I went from one of the strongest anti-Rodgers posters to smack dab in the middle in like six months.  I mean yeah the guy has done some ****ty QBing the last two years, but he's also played some incredible games and the tools are largely all still there.  He needs to fix some **** but I'd still rather have him than 95% of QBs in the league for the next couple of years.  Like, does anyone think Deshaun Watson or Ryan Tannehill are better options that Rodgers?  Just to win a game this year, who's the list of guys you'd take over him?

• Like 3

In spite of whatever difference we may have from a football perspective, I truly hope all of you folks and your family are coronavirus free and doing well. 

As for Aaron Rodgers, I wanted to trade him 3-4 years ago, but we didn't. Now he's out guy and it's what Bob Gray said. He's better than 95% of the QB's out there. Meaning there are 2 guys maybe who you should want over him.

He's needs another weapon! Yes, he misses guys open! Yes, he's a bit of a prick with younger receivers. He's a flawed person, like all of us, but he's our QB and I'm all in for him to do his thing. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Golfman said:

In spite of whatever difference we may have from a football perspective, I truly hope all of you folks and your family are coronavirus free and doing well. 

As for Aaron Rodgers, I wanted to trade him 3-4 years ago, but we didn't. Now he's out guy and it's what Bob Gray said. He's better than 95% of the QB's out there. Meaning there are 2 guys maybe who you should want over him.

He's needs another weapon! Yes, he misses guys open! Yes, he's a bit of a prick with younger receivers. He's a flawed person, like all of us, but he's our QB and I'm all in for him to do his thing. 

Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson are without question better at the moment. 

Then you get into a very large tier of good but not great: Cousins, Prescott, Brees, Watson, Wentz, Ryan, Brady, Rodgers, Tannehill, and Allen. And I don't know how you parse that out. Every single one of them has issues. 

Split the difference and that puts Rodgers at 8 in the rankings.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Then you get into a very large tier of good but not great: Cousins, Prescott, Brees, Watson, Wentz, Ryan, Brady, Rodgers, Tannehill, and Allen. And I don't know how you parse that out. Every single one of them has issues. 

I'll give you Mahomes, but Jackson is a one year wonder, so we'll see. You know what they say about running QBs so that has to play our. I'm not a Wilson fan, never will be so I have a built in bias against the guy and will admit it. Something you won't do towards Rodgers. FACT: Rodgers outplayed Wilson in the playoff game. Neither QB played well, but Rodgers won the head to head QB duel. If you put Prescott, Wentz, Tannehill and Allen in the discussion you lose any credibility you may have had IMO. 

Cousins is a choker! Let's see what he does with no weapons. The Vikings were best when he wasn't throwing the ball. Brady is going to fall mightily in Tampa, mark my words. Brees is good through about 12 games when his arm wears out. Ryan has been awful the past few years since Super Bowl. Watson has been very good, not great. Rodgers has been below what we're used to but when you are at the apex, no where to go but down. He needs to be better no argument here on that point. 

No interest in going back and forth with you on this. You have an opinion, I don't agree with it, but respect it. I have mine and won't be replying on this subject with you. Feel free to have the last word and have a good day! 

Just now, Golfman said:

I'll give you Mahomes, but Jackson is a one year wonder, so we'll see. You know what they say about running QBs so that has to play our. I'm not a Wilson fan, never will be so I have a built in bias against the guy and will admit it. Something you won't do towards Rodgers. FACT: Rodgers outplayed Wilson in the playoff game. Neither QB played well, but Rodgers won the head to head QB duel. If you put Prescott, Wentz, Tannehill and Allen in the discussion you lose any credibility you may have had IMO. 

Cousins is a choker! Let's see what he does with no weapons. The Vikings were best when he wasn't throwing the ball. Brady is going to fall mightily in Tampa, mark my words. Brees is good through about 12 games when his arm wears out. Ryan has been awful the past few years since Super Bowl. Watson has been very good, not great. Rodgers has been below what we're used to but when you are at the apex, no where to go but down. He needs to be better no argument here on that point. 

No interest in going back and forth with you on this. You have an opinion, I don't agree with it, but respect it. I have mine and won't be replying on this subject with you. Feel free to have the last word and have a good day! 

Jackson's offense scored 52 more points. Than the second highest scoring offense in the league. Jackson's offense scored 155 more points than Rodgers' offense.

Jackson: 265/401 - 3127 yards - 36TDs - 6INTs

Rodgers: 353/569-4002 yards - 26TDs - 4 INTs

Jackson outperformed Rodgers as a passer!!!!!

+++

Wilson vastly outperformed Rodgers this year. He had a passer rating that was 10 points higher than Rodgers. His offense scored 29 more points.

If we're giving Rodgers the nod due to a head to head matchup, why are we not giving Jimmy G the nod over Rodgers. 

+++

Why does Rodgers get a pass over Prescott, Wentz, Tannehill, and Allen??? The first three had better offenses and Allen had a way worse supporting cast.

Tannehill had 4 fewer TDs in 6 fewer starts. His passer rating was 22 points higher. 

Prescott had 900 more yards and had a passer rating 4 points higher with a top 6 offense.

Wentz and Rodgers had extremely similar years, and Wentz had a way worse supporting cast that still scored more points.

+++

Cousins just won a playoff game on a gutsy *** game winning drive and throw. He then lost a much closer playoff game to the 49ers.

Rodgers just choked away ANOTHER playoff game.

Also, the Packers were the best when Rodgers wasn't throwing the ball, why are we holding that against Cousins and not Rodgers.

+++

Brady may very well fail in Tampa. He also might show out and dominate on a very stacked offense. This might be his Favre Vikings years.

+++

Rodgers had a bottom 5 passer rating in weeks 9-17 of this season. 

Why are we knocking Brees for his arm trailing off down the stretch and then give Rodgers a pass for the same thing???

+++

Matt Ryan (2018 and 2019): 830/1224 - 9390 yards - 61 TDs - 21 INTs - 100 Passer Rating

Aaron Rodgers (2018 and 2019: 725/1166 - 8444 yards - 51 TDs - 6 INTs - 96.5 Passer RAting

+++

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I agree with all of this, but that's kinda my point; the 8th best QB in the league is still a damn good QB.  It's not his play alone that's the issue, it's just the play vs. the contract.  I think we are roughly in agreement on this anyway, this is just directed into the ether.

Speaking personally, I would break the tiers down like this going into 2021 (A given tier is in no particular order):

1. Mahomes
  2. Wilson/Jackson
  3. Ryan/Brees/Rodgers/Wentz
  4. Tannehill/Brady/Cousins/Prescott/Watson/
  5. Allen

Why AG and Norm and I get so upset with Rodgers is because of how much of this is self-inflicted.

Aaron’s pickiness is self-inflicted.  You can live with accuracy being off a bit and even him being careful with the ball, but when you start picking and choosing who you throw to or what routes you throw to or what positions you throw to, that’s when you play like crap.

I’m not mad at Rodgers for being the 12th best QB in football.  I’m mad at him for being the 12th best QB in football when he could be the 6th best QB in football if he got out of his own way.

• 1 month later...

*The story of Mark Murphy telling Rodgers to not be part of the problem.
*The story of Marcedes Lewis talking about how Rodgers just changes plays.
*The video of Rodgers bitching McCarthy out, "That was a stupid ****ing call" is insubordination.
*Dead last in passes over the middle.
*5.9 yards per attempt with Davante Adams, 9.3 yards per attempt without Davante Adams. 
*Trading up for Jordan Love. 
*Taking clock down to 1 second.
*Not throwing the ball on 4th down (HE DIDN'T THROW THE BALL ON 4TH DOWN!)
*The Cardinals game that got McCarthy fired was Rodgers tanking.
*The Lions game week 17 that determined our bye status. 

Compiling a list of evidence Aaron Rodgers sucks.  @AlexGreen#20, feel free to help me add to it.