5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

Just now, vegas492 said:

You know, it's funny.  My old man really knows football, coached it, understands it.

He didn't see the middle of the field thing until I told him last year.  And once you've seen it, you cannot unsee it.

And this is on Aaron.  No doubt.  Too many clips out there of him seeing a guy breaking open in the middle, intermediate, and he just won't throw it.

If the guy can get over that, his numbers could really soar.

Now...if you are looking at the middle of the field data, look at the Giants game.  He carved up the middle of the field against them.  Could have been defensive scheme/offensive gameplan.  So...if you remove that game from the data set and instead use an average of the other 15 games, that number gets oh so much worse.  At least that is my guess.  Not statistically correct to do that at all, but it is telling.

Lol.  Looking through route charts and that is literally the only week Rodgers even attempted the middle of the field regularly. 

It's so gross. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

*The story of Mark Murphy telling Rodgers to not be part of the problem.
*The story of Marcedes Lewis talking about how Rodgers just changes plays.
*The video of Rodgers bitching McCarthy out, "That was a stupid ****ing call" is insubordination.
*Dead last in passes over the middle.
*5.9 yards per attempt with Davante Adams, 9.3 yards per attempt without Davante Adams. 
*Trading up for Jordan Love. 
*Taking clock down to 1 second.
*Not throwing the ball on 4th down (HE DIDN'T THROW THE BALL ON 4TH DOWN!)
*The Cardinals game that got McCarthy fired was Rodgers tanking.
*The Lions game week 17 that determined our bye status. 

Compiling a list of evidence Aaron Rodgers sucks.  @AlexGreen#20, feel free to help me add to it. 

1. Very likely fabricated

2. Not uncommon. 

3. Not uncommon.

4. Problematic

5. Small sample size or problematic?

6. Not sure this is the Packers implying Rodgers sucks or that Rodgers is old and has a massive contract in 2022.

7. That can be both QB and coach and does serve a strategic purpose. Though it is problematic.

8. This was hysterical if not so sad.

9. I don't know if it was him tanking or just playing poorly.

10. I don't think this was him tanking, I think this was him playing poorly.

Rodgers doesn't suck. The problem is that he's a 2 WAR guy being paid like a 4 WAR guy who could be a 3.5 WAR guy if not for his own warped view of how the game should be played. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers doesn't suck. The problem is that he's a 2 WAR guy being paid like a 4 WAR guy who could be a 3.5 WAR guy if not for his own warped view of how the game should be played. 

Any quarterback who doesn't throw the ****ing ball on 4th down sucks. 

I was so ****ing livid with him after that play I will never forget it. 

If every contract was the same and I had to pick a QB for the next 5 years, Rodgers would be the 8th QB I would pick. 

If I had to go by contract, he would probably drop down to 20th. 

Edited by Outpost31

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Very likely fabricated

2. Not uncommon. 

3. Not uncommon.

4. Problematic

5. Small sample size or problematic?

6. Not sure this is the Packers implying Rodgers sucks or that Rodgers is old and has a massive contract in 2022.

7. That can be both QB and coach and does serve a strategic purpose. Though it is problematic.

8. This was hysterical if not so sad.

9. I don't know if it was him tanking or just playing poorly.

10. I don't think this was him tanking, I think this was him playing poorly.

Just let him have him temper tantrum today, this is pretty much all accurate. Though I think he could still be the 4 WAR guy that people debate him or Mahomes for #1 if he actually bought into an offense completely. 

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Just let him have him temper tantrum today, this is pretty much all accurate. Though I think he could still be the 4 WAR guy that people debate him or Mahomes for #1 if he actually bought into an offense completely. 

It's not a temper tantrum when the QB doesn't throw the ball on 4th down. 

It's not a temper tantrum, it's a Reality Rant. 

I am trademarking Reality Rant by the way. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Looking through route charts and that is literally the only week Rodgers even attempted the middle of the field regularly. 

It's so gross. 

It is gross.  I remember that game well, started thinking that Rodgers has FINALLY seen the light and will start throwing darts over the middle.  But nope.

And to be fair to Rodgers, he hates middle short, dislikes middle intermediate, but he does have love for deep across the middle on a post route.  Sure does seem that he hates dropping linebackers.  And maybe that is due to not wanting to hang his receivers out for another big hit like Trevathan laid on Adams.  That could be part of it, I don't feel like it is all about protecting his rating, I think some of it comes from protecting his guys, too.

2 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

What has the middle of the field ever done to Aaron? 

The shallow middle led to a hit on Adams that knocked him out a while (Trevathan).

He does take shots down the middle, but you have to think that he doesn't really trust MVS.  Later in the year, he did hit Lazard on that post, and Lazard does high point much better than MVS, or at least he did last year.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's not a temper tantrum when the QB doesn't throw the ball on 4th down. 

It's not a temper tantrum, it's a Reality Rant. 

I am trademarking Reality Rant by the way. 

Other than xbox, you've never played a sport have you ?