5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Ted should have been canned on his performance alone, but I'm actually not so sure that Murphy didn't make the move because he didn't want to lose all of his young hotshot GM prospects. 

I think Ted's record of getting to 4 NFC championship games and 1 super bowl win gave him a lot of leash given that the normal GM performance in the NFL is to never get there.  Ted had his issues but he did have two bold moves which set the team up for all of the success we take for granted.

None of us will know all of the thinking that went into the change.  All we can say is that a number of forces contributed to the change.  Trying to parse out what was more important is impossible for us as fans.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It has been noted multiple times in the thread.  People are just ignoring it.  I believe the prompt to start the thread occurred in a game day thread when another poster suggested to Outpost it was time for the thread.

tenor.gif?itemid=4924502

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

So the "Depreciation" threads are "superstitition threads" and the "Fire McCarthy thread" is for humor. Okay, I got it.
I need to update my tin foil hat cause its obviously not picking up the vibes this board is putting out.

I think you are pushing this a bit hard.

Like i said, it was pointed out multiple times in the thread.  You just have to read the posts.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think you are pushing this a bit hard.

He has a major... Something for me.  He denies it, but 20% of his posts he's trying to get a rise out of me.  He's still going on with the QB cap hit tracker and the Nelson/Allison tracker even though I've said a dozen times my argument was about cap hit in relation to postseason and SB success and that I said Nelson would do better with Rodgers than Allison.  He's been doing it for a good while now.  It's kinda funny because he's helping keep this thread alive by complaining about it.  He got the rise out of me he needed to get the Fire McCarthy thread closed, but I'm not about to get the Rodgers Depreciation Thread closed, so I ain't gonna insult him here.  Hopefully his insults don't get the thread closed because that would be a shame.  We need this thread.  More than we need a Bye Week Discussion thread or a 7-0 Rams Gameday Thread after 6 weeks. 

Just now, Patriotplayer90 said:

If you micro analyze every play, you can make a case against every single player in the NFL.  We scored 33 and he threw for over 400.  Big picture.  158 is a perfect QB rating and nobody is even close to it for a reason.

There are 30 plays this season with a wide open RB that Rodgers does not throw to.  It's not micro analyzing when it's a recurring problem. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

The opinions expressed in this thread are in line with those expressed in others.  Basically, I criticize anything other than the best player on the team, I get insulted by posters and threatened by the mod.  

Basically you think so highly of your opinions that they (and you) should be above criticism.

Typical of your type.

"Awwwwww everyone is criticizing me boo hoo. That simply MUST mean there's a problem with everyone else and not me!"

?

Just now, Patriotplayer90 said:

30 plays, really?  

Yes.  There were literally 5 in the Lions game alone.  That I saw.  On the Television broadcast.  That's without the All-22.  It's been a flaw to Aaron's game for his entire career, and I proved that.  With actual facts.  He targets his running backs at a lower rate than over 50% of quarterbacks in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

If you micro analyze every play, you can make a case against every single player in the NFL.  We scored 33 and he threw for over 400.  Big picture.  158 is a perfect QB rating and nobody is even close to it for a reason.

I'm 100% behind Rodgers so no need to quarrel with me. I don't agree that he's "depreciating" etc., however, I'm also objective and he's not playing as well as he should be playing. I'd still take him as my QB 1 and I'd take him over any other player on this team, but for as much as I get on MM (and I'll continue to do so until he's gone), I'll point out Rodgers' flaws as well. This play stands out because he didn't simply "miss" Monty. He strategically moved him into the slot to create a mismatch and then simply did not look his way. Why? That makes no sense. He moved him over hoping to get this matchup, which he got, and then abandoned it when in fact he was right, it worked. Just throw the damn ball to him. This is exactly how Brady eats defenses for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Brees as well.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think you are pushing this a bit hard. Like i said, it was pointed out multiple times in the thread.  You just have to read the posts.

I'm not pushing anything. I've never even heard of a superstition thread - no less understand what its purpose is. So thats what we got then? Twenty-nine pages of people talking up superstitions? Doesnt read that way....but I guess those "in the know" are seeing things between the lines that those who can only read whats typed cant see.
And if a "Fire McCarthy" thread is intended as humor - especially in the current social media environment - well, I guess I hang around different comedy clubs than you.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He has a major... Something for me.  He denies it, but 20% of his posts he's trying to get a rise out of me.  He's still going on with the QB cap hit tracker and the Nelson/Allison tracker even though I've said a dozen times my argument was about cap hit in relation to postseason and SB success and that I said Nelson would do better with Rodgers than Allison.  He's been doing it for a good while now.  It's kinda funny because he's helping keep this thread alive by complaining about it.  He got the rise out of me he needed to get the Fire McCarthy thread closed, but I'm not about to get the Rodgers Depreciation Thread closed, so I ain't gonna insult him here.  Hopefully his insults don't get the thread closed because that would be a shame.  We need this thread.  More than we need a Bye Week Discussion thread or a 7-0 Rams Gameday Thread after 6 weeks. 

LOL You're one sick puppy.

3 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

What they are pointing out is that Rodgers has not been playing at his usual level this year, so far.   No one is saying it is the only reason we have underperformed.