5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

Just now, Leader said:

LOL You're one sick puppy.

And yet you can't keep away from me.  And you won't, either.  You will keep nipping.  You can't resist me. 

Asks to kiss off, keeps coming back for more.  Suggests insanity, need for medication, sick puppy, keeps quoting and nipping and coming back for more.  If I'm as insane as you say I am, what does that make you? 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

It kinda shows how spoiled we've become.  Rodgers usually plays at a ridiculous level and when he plays like your average NFL QB we all think his skills are going to pot.  If he is in pain while he plays right now I can understand why his play isn't stellar.  Let's hope that is all it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

What they are pointing out is that Rodgers has not been playing at his usual level this year, so far.   No one is saying it is the only reason we have underperformed.

No. It HAS to be one thing or the other. NEVER can it be two or more things at once! Put your dunce cap on and you will understand

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And yet you can't keep away from me.  And you won't, either.  You will keep nipping.  You can't resist me. 

Asks to kiss off, keeps coming back for more.  Suggests insanity, need for medication, sick puppy, keeps quoting and nipping and coming back for more.  If I'm as insane as you say I am, what does that make you? 

You guys are going to get the thread locked, then we will lose the magic, and we will get killed in LA.  

Apologize to the Gods of moderation before it is too late.

• Like 1

Just now, Pugger said:

It kinda shows how spoiled we've become.  Rodgers usually plays at a ridiculous level and when he plays like your average NFL QB we all think his skills are going to pot.  If he is in pain while he plays right now I can understand why his play isn't stellar.  Let's hope that is all it is.

Obviously Rodgers still has the ability to be great.  You're not coming back the way he has so often this season if you're not great.  The issue I have with Rodgers is that he can ALWAYS be great.  Tied, ahead, behind.  I hate how he only flips that great switch when it's do or die the past few seasons.   Imagine 4th quarter Rodgers in the first and second quarters.  Imagine defenders having to defend backs all game. 

That's why I'm so mad at him.  He IS great, but he could be GREATER. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The humor is in the superstition.  Maybe just quit being so uptight altogether and quit nipping at heels looking for a reaction. 

The superstition in this Packers subforum has been going on for a very, very, very long time and it is part of the site.  You're literally the only one who has a problem with it.  You seriously need to quit acting so controlling.  You've literally told people what they can and cannot discuss more than the moderators here, and nothing you've told people to stop discussing is outside of the forum rules. 

Fortunately, you're not a moderator, so until you are, please stop trying to dictate what is discussed. 

@Outpost31

The ignore feature does work well

Just now, squire12 said:

@Outpost31

The ignore feature does work well

It doesn't though.  Don't want to carry this on too much, but speaking specifically and solely of the ignore feature, I still get notifications from people I have on my ignore list when they quote me or tag me.  I feel like the only thing it's good for is to remind you who you want to ignore.  You still see that they posted, and it doesn't take ESP to tell what they're talking about or saying in specific situations, you still get the notifications, and you still see that they posted.  Then you see what they said when others quote them, too.  I wish the ignore feature just wiped all evidence, but it doesn't. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

It doesn't though.  Don't want to carry this on too much, but speaking specifically and solely of the ignore feature, I still get notifications from people I have on my ignore list when they quote me or tag me.  I feel like the only thing it's good for is to remind you who you want to ignore.  You still see that they posted, and it doesn't take ESP to tell what they're talking about or saying in specific situations, you still get the notifications, and you still see that they posted.  Then you see what they said when others quote them, too.  I wish the ignore feature just wiped all evidence, but it doesn't. 

Or, if you get on like 10 ignore lists you just get booted.

#power2thepeople

My beef with Rodgers is that he is not willing to take what the defense gives until it's do or die time.  This offense can move the ball effectively with 4-6 yard gains and a few big plays peppered in rather than looking for the home run which leads to extending plays longer than necessary and Rodgers taking hits.  I think this offense got faster over the last year and the quick hitters are there to be had with receivers that can get the YAC.  

He's either not seeing or ignoring the open receivers underneath.  It's there to be had.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes.  There were literally 5 in the Lions game alone.  That I saw.  On the Television broadcast.  That's without the All-22.  It's been a flaw to Aaron's game for his entire career, and I proved that.  With actual facts.  He targets his running backs at a lower rate than over 50% of quarterbacks in the NFL. 

And in the last game, I saw him lure in a LB and dumped it off to his TE, and I saw him dump it off to Monty for a big gain as well. 

Who was he supposed to throw it to in the past?  Lacy, Starks?  These are screen RBs or decoys.  If they have made a point to include them more in the running game, and he has like 1 starting receiver returning from a year ago, combined with his injury, then it's understandable that he isn't processing like usual.  I couldn't really tell much from that gif, tbh.  Was he looking for the ball, was he still in the route progression?  It's suspicious why it cuts off so early

9 minutes ago, RedRaider said:

My beef with Rodgers is that he is not willing to take what the defense gives until it's do or die time.  This offense can move the ball effectively with 4-6 yard gains and a few big plays peppered in rather than looking for the home run which leads to extending plays longer than necessary and Rodgers taking hits.  I think this offense got faster over the last year and the quick hitters are there to be had with receivers that can get the YAC.  

He's either not seeing or ignoring the open receivers underneath.  It's there to be had.  

The entire west coast offense was designed around taking what the defense gives you and moving the chains. The downside is you have to be mistake free for 10-12 plays and hope the refs don't decide to drop the random holding flag. MM talks about explosive plays all the time and I guess that's the way of the NFL. Big chunks of yardage or a PI flag

1 minute ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

And in the last game, I saw him lure in a LB and dumped it off to his TE, and I saw him dump it off to Monty for a big gain as well. 

Who was he supposed to throw it to in the past?  Lacy, Starks?  These are screen RBs or decoys.  If they have made a point to include them more in the running game, and he has like 1 starting receiver returning from a year ago, combined with his injury, then it's understandable that he isn't processing like usual.  I couldn't really tell much from that gif, tbh.  Was he looking for the ball, was he still in the route progression?  It's suspicious why it cuts off so early

Rodgers is great - he is still missing some throws and can play better. Both things can be true.