5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

On 10/30/2018 at 11:58 AM, Outpost31 said:

Tom Brady is the best at doing exactly what is needed to win.  He's filling Aaron's head with praise to get Rodgers complacent.  We need to bump the Rodgers depreciation thread to counter this.  Good thing I just did. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/30/tom-brady-aaron-rodgers-inspires-me/

It's not like the first time he's said this.  He's said it behind closed doors, that Rodgers was much more talented and would have 7,000 yards per year if he were on NE.

I posted this in another heading but it probably belongs here:

Did anyone catch Kurt Warner's take on NFL network pregame Sunday?  He and Mooch kind of got into it about how MM rides ARodg in a system that requires WRs to win their routes almost every play.  Warner suggested that MM scheme WR open sometimes and make it a little easier on Rodgers.  Things actually got a little heated.  MM's system is why NOBODY but Rodgers can run it.  That is why we suck so bad when Rodgers is hurt.  It is also why it takes so much time for WR and TE to acclimate. 

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Did anyone catch Kurt Warner's take on NFL network pregame Sunday?  He and Mooch kind of got into it about how MM rides ARodg in a system that requires WRs to win their routes almost every play.  Warner suggested that MM scheme WR open sometimes and make it a little easier on Rodgers.  Things actually got a little heated.  MM's system is why NOBODY but Rodgers can run it.  That is why we suck so bad when Rodgers is hurt.  It is also why it takes so much time for WR and TE to acclimate. 

Flynn setting record numbers tho. "System WRs" and such 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Flynn setting record numbers tho. "System WRs" and such 

It's odd ... offense clearly works better when the QB takes what the defense is giving, but Rodgers gets in this habit of passing up all the early reads in hopes that something will break open down the field.  He hits on some of those,  but too often we wind up with drives that stall out.   

59 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Played quite well against the Patriots as well. 

So your short sighted argument is that because Flynn had two decent games years ago, MMs teams are okay when Rodgers is out?!?!

Or do you just like to argue the exception? 90% of the other games we didn't have Rodgers running MMs offense we SUCKED.

Or are you going to site the OT wins against Tampa Bay and Cleveland last year?

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

So your short sighted argument is that because Flynn had two decent games years ago, MMs teams are okay when Rodgers is out?!?!

Or do you just like to argue the exception? 90% of the other games we didn't have Rodgers running MMs offense we SUCKED.

Or are you going to site the OT wins against Tampa Bay and Cleveland last year?

He hasnt produced with anyone drafted outside of the 1st round.  McVay has produced with Cousins and Goff. Shanahan has done well with Ryan and a little bit with Garoppollo, Robert griffin and Cousins before that. 

All high draft picks, except Cousins.

Are you arguing the exception? 

Flynn parlayed enough games played well to a starters level contract but underperformed when he got there. Tolzien went from looking meh here to looking like he had no business in the league with Indianapolis.

I'm down with a new coach if that's what gets the team back on track, but we don't have to act like Mac has no idea how to run an offense.  There's plenty of blame to go around.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 2

On 11/5/2018 at 8:44 AM, Dubz41 said:

Here I'll repost this since you don't seem to remember what I was asking.  Did you catch the argument between Mooch and Warner?

Do you get what Warner was getting at?

IF mm is a good coach and IF Rodgers is the QB we think he is....why all the dysfunction on our offense?

Edited by Dubz41

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Here I'll repost this since you don't seem to remember what I was asking.  Did you catch the argument between Mooch and Warner?

Do you understand that McVay and Shanahan absolutely ride their Qbs to victory while requiring their WRs to win certain routes?

There's plenty of times we have a receiver running open but it's not the guy Rodgers wanted, usually the iso route he expects his guy to win, but won't throw into coverage.

5 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

IF mm is a good coach and IF Rodgers is the QB we think he is....why all the dysfunction on our offense?

Agreed .. it seems like every season has to be saved after getting off to a rocky start in the 1st half of the season.  We have to go on massive winning streaks to get into the playoff hunt.  Everything is such a struggle for this team it seems, and now we seem to have fallen into mediocrity.  Something has got to give.