Outpost31

Aaron Rodgers Depreciation Thread

5 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Getting a little peevish there aren't you?  You a big Ram and 49er fan?  Didn't think so.  McVay is riding his defense (until recently) and their All Pro RB.

Why do you keep bringing up Shanahan? The guy hasn't even made the damn playoffs yet?!?! Quit being so obtuse.  The system MM has ran has always had these questions.  KC showed the league how to defend the Pack the year we went 15-1.  Ever since, we have stuggled.  Yes, you can quote statistics, whoopee.  IF YOU WATCH THE GAMES YOU CAN SEE THAT WE STRUGGLE.  Okay?

Those are the "hot young coaches" everyone has gushed over the last two years. The masters of shemes. Gurley is all pro because he's also basically a reciever so you have to lighten the box to defend him and protect the edges so he doesnt house it. If you force him up the middle you at least have a chance of slowing him down. Their D can definitely be had, Aaron Donald is just an absolute monster. 

Did I even reference a statistic? Or just point out more talented QBs generally are better at playing QB?

For being figured out at the tail end of 2014 they sure scored a lot of points in 2016. Had Hundley all last year then the struggles this year. 

ALL I'M SAYING IS THERE'S MORE TO THE STRUGGLES THAN JUST MAC. 

Since we're yelling now.

Edited by HighCalebR

27 minutes ago, Norm said:

We're just waiting for them to get outed, it's cool. Look at other sports where it happened.

Are you mad nobody cheated as hard as Lance?

Lance was my hero at one point.  His fall from grace was hard to watch, and I make no excuses for him.  I hate New England- not just because they’re good, or because they cheat or whatever.  I’m jealous more than anything that aside from coaching and actively trading for players, there are some very similar parallels to GB, and yet they’ve had a greater level of success.  Is it because they cheat?  Who the f**k really knows to what extent, but if they gamed the system, then they’re damn good at it.  

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Lance was my hero at one point.  His fall from grace was hard to watch, and I make no excuses for him.  I hate New England- not just because they’re good, or because they cheat or whatever.  I’m jealous more than anything that aside from coaching and actively trading for players, there are some very similar parallels to GB, and yet they’ve had a greater level of success.  Is it because they cheat?  Who the f**k really knows to what extent, but if they gamed the system, then they’re damn good at it.  

Not that good, they've gotten caught multiple times 😂

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Not that good, they've gotten caught multiple times 😂

I wonder if getting caught made them cheat smarter, or if they just stopped?  Hard to fathom that they just stopped.  Doesn’t change the fact that they’ve excelled at using legal means to build a winning team with winning coaching.  And while that chaps my arse, GB cant fall back on “we haven’t cheated” as an excuse for mediocrity either.

I've been going through McCarthy's history and it's really eye opening how his former offenses targeted running backs compared to how Rodgers has.  Wasn't able to finish it before I left for work, but it's definitely become thread-worthy.  

I'll probably post it sometime tomorrow, but it's gonna be tougher to put all the blame on McCarthy after I post it.  It's very clearly a Rodgers thing, not a McCarthy thing.  

38 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've been going through McCarthy's history and it's really eye opening how his former offenses targeted running backs compared to how Rodgers has.  Wasn't able to finish it before I left for work, but it's definitely become thread-worthy.  

I'll probably post it sometime tomorrow, but it's gonna be tougher to put all the blame on McCarthy after I post it.  It's very clearly a Rodgers thing, not a McCarthy thing.  

It won't make it any harder to blame MM. Heck he's the coach if the QB continues to make poor reads that's on MM. Heck first play of the Fins game he threw it to AJ who promptly dropped it. AR's problem is this garbage about trust. If you want to rag on him about anything it's his coaches inability to reel him in and get him to play or throw to the right reads. MM has clearly, and will always say he's a downfield big play offense. Everyone knows it, he tried his best to lose to the fins again, with downfield throws, and not enough balance on O. Yes we ran in a TD on the ground but still had to throw it in the first redzone trip.

You're like Mac. I get it he's a good coach but he's the top dog. If AR is the problem Mac's job is to fix it.

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

It won't make it any harder to blame MM. Heck he's the coach if the QB continues to make poor reads that's on MM. Heck first play of the Fins game he threw it to AJ who promptly dropped it. AR's problem is this garbage about trust. If you want to rag on him about anything it's his coaches inability to reel him in and get him to play or throw to the right reads. MM has clearly, and will always say he's a downfield big play offense. Everyone knows it, he tried his best to lose to the fins again, with downfield throws, and not enough balance on O. Yes we ran in a TD on the ground but still had to throw it in the first redzone trip.

You're like Mac. I get it he's a good coach but he's the top dog. If AR is the problem Mac's job is to fix it.

McCarthy was the QB coach, offensive coordinator of Or head coach of over a dozen other starting quarterbacks.  Only one has had this problem.  If you and everyone else thinks some other head coach can fix it, you've got another thing coming.

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

McCarthy was the QB coach, offensive coordinator of Or head coach of over a dozen other starting quarterbacks.  Only one has had this problem.  If you and everyone else thinks some other head coach can fix it, you've got another thing coming.

If you believe it is only AR who is the problem then you aren't being honest with yourself.  We all know Rodgers isn't playing up to his standards and this is a problem but don't pretend it isn't also the coaches' responsibility to put their players in the best possible position to succeed.

Edited by Pugger

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

If you believe it is only AR who is the problem then you aren't being honest with yourself.  We all know Rodgers isn't playing up to his standards and this is a problem but don't pretend it isn't also the coaches' responsibility to put their players in the best possible position to succeed.

I don't believe it's only Rodgers.  I believe it's Rodgers/youth/Montgomer.  I also believe Rodgers is the most capable of fixing it though.

15 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

The first drive of the game didn't have a single play that was not a run, or pass short.

The second drive of the game didn't have a single play other than 3 runs.

The third drive of the game, there were two deep throws, one on 3rd and 10. Rodgers decided to throw backshoulder to ESB when ESB was passed his man. Adams caught the 3rd and 10 ball on a deep curl.

The fourth drive of the game didn't have a single play that was not a run or pass short.

The fifth drive of the game had one play that wasn't a run or pass short. Rodgers threw it behind MVS who was open.

The sixth drive of the game had one play that wasn't a run or pass short. Rodgers decided to throw backshoulder to Adams when Adams was passed his man.

The seventh drive of the game had one play that wasn't a run or pass short. It was the Davante Adams second TD. It was 2nd and 23.

The eighth drive of the game had one play that wasn't a run or pass short. Rodgers had Graham open but used him to pull a defender forward to give him a better shot at an Adams contested TD throw. 

The ninth drive of the game had one play that wasn't a run or pass short. Kendricks caught the last first down of the game off of play action.

+++

We had 8 drives that didn't involve kneel downs. We scored 31 points. We had almost 4 points per drive. That would be the best figure in the league as an average. 

What are your expectations?

Our deep passing stats were:

3/7 for 62 yards and a TD.

We had 7 deep shot attempts, 2 of them were actual streak routes, the rest were deeper crossers, typically off of playaction.

+++

On the missed plays: 

Of the two streaks, Rodgers misread both of them. Both Adams and ESB had a step on their man and Rodgers threw back shoulder.

Rodgers threw a bad ball that was behind an open MVS on a crosser.

Rodgers ignored an open Graham to pull a safety up so he could throw a contested ball over the top.

+++

It's not like we had guys running deep routes where there was nobody open. This wasn't just a good coaching game from McCarthy, this was a fantastic coaching game from McCarthy. 

100% agree with the above. And as much as MM called a great, patient and balanced game, you could tell it irritated the **** out of Rodgers. Same was in the Bills game. A slower paced,  balanced offence is not what Rodgers is chomping at the bit for. He doesn't want to be a game manager he wants to be the slinger, hence why he loves the two minute offence.

I think Aaron and McCarthy need to put the gloves on and box it out for a few rounds until they're beat to hell and exhausted. Then they should hug it out on the mat and maybe cry a little. Fix it you two!