5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

That's one bad play call. There's a plethora of open WR's when theyre designed to be open. It's a team and they have to work together. When there's an open 1st down, it has to be taken.

Agreee rodgers was bad and definitely missed open guys tonight. His poor play was not just third downs though. Im just saying MM deserves some crap for not being able to dial up anything that works on third down. This game was especially bad but i feel like its been a problem all year

Edited by snackattack
Edit

5 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

No you can't.  You look at things like butthurt fans, not with an unbiased, realistic point of view.

Either way, his knee is torn.  Why are we only running the ball 11 times?

UNBIASED? IM BIASED TOWARD THE PACKERS DUMMY. IF THERES AN EXCUSE I WILL USE THAT *****.

His knee isn't torn. He outran Wagner for a 1st. At least not bad enough to affect his brain.

Jones got the ball 41% of the time. We didn't have very many plays.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 minute ago, snackattack said:

Agreee rodgers was bad and definitely missed open guys tonight. His poor play was not just third downs though. Im just saying MM deserves some crap for not being able to dial up anything that works on third down. This game was especially bad but i feel like its been a problem all year

I feel you. Blame to go around. FOR SURE! But it's not so simple as **** Mac Aaron blameless..

Just now, snackattack said:

Obviously, yes. My point is you didnt have the all 22 tonight but you are refuting my point, but saying you need all 22 to prove it. So are you just assuming guys were wide open on those plays, and not basing your comment on anything we saw in broadcast?

I've seen an abundance of examples from the broadcast view alone to support my claim.  It would be a lot easier with the All-22.  There's a free trial of NFL GamePass.  I'm gonna use my free trial one of these days to prove to all the mouthbreathers out there (not referencing you here because I think you're actually trying to have a discussion on it) that McCarthy isn't calling idiot plays on third down. 

This is a problem, and it has been a problem with Rodgers since 2016.  Rodgers is NOT playing great football. 

I get PMs on this site from literally dozens of Vikings, Lions, Bears fans too afraid to come in here and confirm what I'm saying because they've been ridiculed for noticing these things about Rodgers. 

I'm just the only one here willing to say these things because I put the Packers over their current HoF QB. 

I made the mistake of not seeing any wrong with Brett Favre.  I even rooted for that a-hole as a Viking once the Packers were eliminated from the playoffs.  There will be more like me who will follow Rodgers if Rodgers ever leaves the Packers.  No player is above the team, and Rodgers is playing like he is above the team. 

It is painfully obvious that Rodgers is caring too much about his stats and not enough about winning.  That play where he didn't even try to hit Adams and instead floated it out of reach is a perfect example.  You take that shot.  It's third down and you're punting it anyway.  Rodgers threw it away instead of throwing a 50/50 ball because he didn't want to throw a pick. 

Aaron Rodgers has the ability to be the best QB this sport has ever seen, but he isn't using it, and a lot of it is coming from poor mechanics, poor decisions and blatant selfishness.  Not only that, but his refusal to throw to running backs is very, very, very real. 

Look at this game.  Our offense struggles on consecutive series.  Rodgers throws a 15 yard pass to Jones, a 22 yard pass to Jones and then a TD to Jones.  IT WORKS.  Then look at our last three drives.  Rodgers doesn't pass to an open Jones on every one of our last three drives.  That's not true.  He did on one drive, but he pumped twice to allow defenders to catch up to a wide open Jones, resulting in a one yard gain.

Aaron Rodgers is not the Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers was in 2014.  He isn't even a top 12 QB in the league right now.  And for the love of God, don't cite his passer rating.  He just had like a 133 passer rating tonight and he lost the game for us.  He established himself into Legend Territory from 2010 - 2014, and now he's not playing up to it. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I made the mistake of not seeing any wrong with Brett Favre.  I even rooted for that a-hole as a Viking once the Packers were eliminated from the playoffs.  There will be more like me who will follow Rodgers if Rodgers ever leaves the Packers.  No player is above the team, and Rodgers is playing like he is above the team. 

Crossed out the gross.  But herein lies the problem.  This is eerily similar to Brett Favre.  I would have thought that we all learned our lesson the first time.  Rodgers is great.  But when he screws up, he screws up.  McCarthy isn't taking sacks.  Gute is not, not passing to the check down receiver.  Murphy is not throwing the ball out of reach of 6'5 Equanimeous St. Brown.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Crossed out the gross.  But herein lies the problem.  This is eerily similar to Brett Favre.  I would have thought that we all learned our lesson the first time.  Rodgers is great.  But when he screws up, he screws up.  McCarthy isn't taking sacks.  Gute is not, not passing to the check down receiver.  Murphy is not throwing the ball out of reach of 6'5 Equanimeous St. Brown.

But why are the route concepts so aggressive & time consuming on short down/distance? Doesn't MM install the offense?

Edited by Howler

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

People will come around. Polaris was alone in hating on Favre until he convinced a couple of us.

It's still a different situation now, but the blind fan adoration and support for Rodgers is rivaling or surpassing Favre now.

• Like 1

Just now, Howler said:

But why are the route concepts so aggressive & time consuming on short down/distance? Doesn't MM install the offense?

This isn't the truth of the situation.  You think it is because Rodgers is always looking downfield, but not every route is going downfield. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

People will come around. Polaris was alone in hating on Favre until he convinced a couple of us.

It's still a different situation now, but the blind fan adoration and support for Rodgers is rivaling or surpassing Favre now.

And I was ruthless towards Polaris.  Absolutely ruthless.  I didn't want to believe that Favre sucked.  He did.  And it's poetic justice that I'm the only one seeing it now with Rodgers.  It's funny because it's the exact same excuses in reverse. 

Favre would just fling it and people thought he was doing the best he could with no talent. 
Now Rodgers isn't flinging it and people think there's nobody open. 

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Somebody needs to slap him for these gross Cutler-esque god awful mechanics he keeps reverting to on throws. For the love of god I cannot stand those fadeaway sidearm throws down the sideline. Most of the time he has plenty of space to simply step into the throw.

Worse than that is his body language after every play.  Watch his body language and tell me that doesn't effect his teammates.  Watch his body language and tell me that doesn't fuel the defense. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Worse than that is his body language after every play.  Watch his body language and tell me that doesn't effect his teammates.  Watch his body language and tell me that doesn't fuel the defense. 

His body language makes me think his labia minora is injured.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Somebody needs to slap him for these gross Cutler-esque god awful mechanics he keeps reverting to on throws. For the love of god I cannot stand those fadeaway sidearm throws down the sideline. Most of the time he has plenty of space to simply step into the throw.

Agree. I mean - I'm not against touch passes - but he seems to be "finessing" a whole load of passes these days.
Sure - he'll hit a long one and make everybody think he's the toast of the town again - then he'll "flip" 3-4 sidearm chucks that spin and look real nice - but seem to move in slow motion.

And I dont understand why he's doing it.
He doesnt seem to put any shoulder in this passes anymore.

Edited by Leader