5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

3 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

You are all NUTS.

Rodgers is on pace for 5,000 yards, 32 TDs and 3 INT with a rating over 100.

Rodgers doesnt throw 50/50 balls, he takes big sacks for the same reason he's the all time leader in 75 yard TD passes, because he extends plays. 

Perfect example this week...took 2 sacks and still completed a 4th down pass that lead to a TD and 2 point conversion.

Hes the anti Brett Favre, hes EXACTLY what we wanted for the final 10 years of Favres career.

Hes the greatest QB of all time. Stop losing your minds because Patrick Mahomes and Jared Goff have had 5 good games. Who cares if Drew Brees breaks all the records after 32 straight under .500 seasons. Who cares if Tom Brady has 5 SB wins with top 10 defenses. 

I repeat, you are ALL NUTS.

Shhhh, HTZ is trying to reverse-jinx the Packers to glory. Lmao.

7 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Shhhh, HTZ is trying to reverse-jinx the Packers to glory. Lmao.

Do you bring anything of substance to any discussions or are you just a troll account?

Seriously wondering. You've got a hard-on for Wisconsin Sports. Just buy some Packers and Brewers apparel instead. 

50 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Huh?  Once his knee is better he should be fine.

Rodgers doesn't appear big enough or durable enough to escape some sort of injury which affects his mobility or possibly his number of starts.  Since the calf injury heading into the 2014 playoffs, he's been banged up consistently.  I don't expect that to change.

37 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Do you bring anything of substance to any discussions or are you just a troll account?

Seriously wondering. You've got a hard-on for Wisconsin Sports. Just buy some Packers and Brewers apparel instead. 

I actually don’t have anything against the Brewers. I kind of like them. Not sure where you’re getting that from. Also, please don’t reference my genitals again. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers has well over 500 yards and 6 TDs and 0 picks in the 2 halves of football in the Lions-Bears games where we were down big and he got the ball out quick and trusted his receivers. If you count those "halves' as a game we would've won 47-13.

Not sure where the disconnect is where he watches that film and sees the need to play a different way until we go down big. The receivers have made plays, the line gives him time, the ball moves down the field at will. Yet every week we come out and run a slow, methodical clunker of an offense every game.

It's like the Tootsie Pop commercial, "Who is effing up the Packers 1Q offense, Rodgers or McCarthy? The world may never know."

We've seen McCarthy eff up the offense plenty of times without Rodgers, so he would be my guess.

Just now, Patriotplayer90 said:

We've seen McCarthy eff up the offense plenty of times without Rodgers, so he would be my guess.

We've also seen McCarthy's offense score 30+ points with Brett Hundley against the Steelers, 30+ points with Matt Flynn against the Steelers,  and 35 points in a HALF against the Cowboys with Flynn. 

Like... Do you even comprehend how stupid that comment sounds?  We've seen McCarthy eff up without Rodgers?  That might mean something if it was saying he messed up without Rodgers and with Nick Foles or a halfway decent backup.  McCarthy revived Favre's career.  We've seen him have effective offenses with four different quarterbacks.

Show me the list of head coaches who could have an offense that scores 30+ points with the likes of Hundley and Flynn at QB.

Until then, quit being a miserably bitter pouting hater. 

46 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We've also seen McCarthy's offense score 30+ points with Brett Hundley against the Steelers, 30+ points with Matt Flynn against the Steelers,  and 35 points in a HALF against the Cowboys with Flynn. 

Like... Do you even comprehend how stupid that comment sounds?  We've seen McCarthy eff up without Rodgers?  That might mean something if it was saying he messed up without Rodgers and with Nick Foles or a halfway decent backup.  McCarthy revived Favre's career.  We've seen him have effective offenses with four different quarterbacks.

Show me the list of head coaches who could have an offense that scores 30+ points with the likes of Hundley and Flynn at QB.

Until then, quit being a miserably bitter pouting hater. 

Hue Jackson could look like a decent HC if you looked at only 3 or 4 games out of a 20+ sample size.  Any coach could put up that many points every blue moon with those players.

Hue Jackson could look like a decent HC if you looked at only 3 or 4 games out of a 20+ sample size. 

We don't have a 20+ sample size of McCarthy without Rodgers, do we? 

Flynn and Hundley have started 13 games for the Packers.  The Packers have averaged 24 points a game in games that Flynn and Hundley start. 

We're averaging exactly 23 points a game this year. 

How does it feel to look dead in the eye of facts and come out wrong? 

Any coach could put up that many points every blue moon with those players.

Lol. 

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

Website I checked, showed 15 games started for the Packers between Flynn and Hundley with a scoring average of 21.4. I also show 4 games of which they scored 11 pts or fewer. Thats a rate of 26% where they couldn't even score more than 1 TD.

Your stats might be better than my quick check.  Then again, it might be including some games started by Tolzien and finished by Flynn. Either way still they averaged 21.4 points a game over 15 games.  That's not terrible for terrible quarterbacks.  Now put an okay backup in their spot that's not a longshot project.  Put a Hoyer/Foles/McCown type of backup in there and those numbers go up, not down.

The point is that McCarthy has had success with four different starting quarterbacks. 

25 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:
2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Your stats might be better than my quick check.  Then again, it might be including some games started by Tolzien and finished by Flynn. Either way still they averaged 21.4 points a game over 15 games.  That's not terrible for terrible quarterbacks.  Now put an okay backup in their spot that's not a longshot project.  Put a Hoyer/Foles/McCown type of backup in there and those numbers go up, not down.

The point is that McCarthy has had success with four different starting quarterbacks. 

21 PPG puts them well into the bottom half of the league, and they probably had more INTs than Rodgers had in 2 seasons.  This is not success.  With a better backup, sure the numbers could improve.  But those guys go to teams in which they have a shot at starting, or to a system which will make them perform better than an offense which struggles even with Aaron Rodgers.

21 PPG puts them well into the bottom half of the league, and they probably had more INTs than Rodgers had in 2 seasons.  This is not success.  With a better backup, sure the numbers could improve.  But those guys go to teams in which they have a shot at starting, or to a system which will make them perform better than an offense which struggles even with Aaron Rodgers.

And you're not worth arguing with since you won't even admit that Rodgers brings a lot of it on himself.  If you honestly believe that players aren't open every single time Rodgers scrambles for something bigger and better, you're worse than you think I think you are. 

McCarthy isn't out there designing running backs running wide open for Rodgers to overlook them.  That's not in his gameplan.  You're just too busy slobbering over Rodgers to notice that.  It's only natural. 

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Has McCarthy won a few games with backups? Sure. But he has lost a lot more. 6-11-1 is his record since 2010 with backup QBs. The average QBR is 61.53 for those QBs as well. I know a lot don't hold any weight with he QBR stat but it still a stat that tells a story.

I do agree with you that Rodgers is missing open WR's, TE's, and RB's. But if its so apparent to you and I why isn't it changing? Maybe it falls back on McCarthy holding Rodgers accountable for the plays he is leaving out on the field. Rodgers seems to be getting a pass when it comes to plays he misses. Maybe this is a byproduct of the offense we have chosen to run with Rodgers. I don't have the exact answer I guess. But I do know that the Pack are not playing up to their skill level. I know Rodgers is on pace for fantastic numbers. But regardless of the stats he is producing, something is wrong with the offense and has been for a while. It is not producing like an offense lead by the once in a generation talent, that is Rodgers.

Edited by KingOfTheNorth

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

Has McCarthy won a few games with backups? Sure. But he has lost a lot more. 6-11-1 is his record since 2010 with backup QBs. The average QBR is 61.53 for those QBs as well. I know a lot don't hold any weight with he QBR stat but it still a stat that tells a story.

Yeah, with BAD QUARTERBACKS.

Where is the disconnect here?  McCarthy has had success with BAD QUARTERBACKS.  BAD ONES.  REALLY BAD ONES!