5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

I find the assumptions fans and the media make about the McCarthy-Rodgers relationship interesting.

Everyone assumes Rodgers frustration is with McCarthy and the play calling and game plan, inferring from comments to draw a conclusion.  

And I get it, as fans we don't like watching the team lose, so someone needs to be at fault.  McCarthy as the coach is a more satisfying scapegoat than the past GM who wasn't able to maintain a full stable of receivers where even the #3 could have the possibility of leading the league in touchdown receptions.

We ignore comments from Rodgers like this:

“I think there's an agreement with what we're doing,” said Rodgers, who completed 21 of 30 passes for 332 yards and two touchdowns, but converted just 3 of 11 third downs. “Obviously, we meet multiple times a week on what we're trying to do. The frustration is in the execution. The execution hasn't been great, especially in situational offense.

“When you compare it to years past, we've always been really good on third down and really good in the red zone, and we're just not this year.

Maybe the issue is the offense has the ingredients to be good in the future, but is a bit half done at this point, needing some more experience and another player or two?  

Imagine what this team would be if they had gone out and gotten Jarvis Landry in the off season?  Imagine what it becomes if they go get a guy like that this off season.

Rodgers is frustrated.  But he is up front with saying it is the execution.   With being dependent on rookies,  having to throw side arm for some unknown reason, and  being too slow with the knee injury to escape the pass rush like he used to, there is ample reason for him to be frustrated without it being McCarthy.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

Just now, badfish69 said:

I live in Denver and have seen what real crap QB play is the last three years.  I think you all need to relax a little bit.

We will trade Aaron Rodgers and Nick Perry to you for Bradley Chubb and your next two first round picks as long as the Broncos somehow take on the dead cap we would otherwise owe Rodgers. 

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

We will trade Aaron Rodgers and Nick Perry to you for Bradley Chubb and your next two first round picks as long as the Broncos somehow take on the dead cap we would otherwise owe Rodgers. 

I am not a Broncos fan.  I am a Green Bay transplant who proudly flies a Packer flag in my front yard during the season, but Elway would make a deal for 12 in a second.  He knows the value of a top notch starting QB for a franchise.

Look Aaron is not infallible and yes he misses guys sometimes and has bad games like any other QB in the league, but to actually suggest that the Packers would be better off without him is absolutely insane to me.

Edited by badfish69
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, badfish69 said:

i am not a Broncos fan.  I am a Green Bay transplant who proudly flies a Packer flag in my front yard during the season, but Elway would make a deal for 12 in a second.  He knows the value of a top notch starting QB for a franchise.

Look Aaron is not infallible and yes he misses guys sometimes and has bad games like any other QB in the league, but to actually suggest that the Packers would be better off without him is absolutely insane to me.

He's actually talking about trading him in Madden ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badfish69 said:

I am not a Broncos fan.  I am a Green Bay transplant who proudly flies a Packer flag in my front yard during the season, but Elway would make a deal for 12 in a second.  He knows the value of a top notch starting QB for a franchise.

He's a broken record at this point. 

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

Wow, the guy donates 1 million to the cause and these dbags choose that moment to bring out family ****? Especially for all the public to see? Easy to see why Aaron chooses not to be around them.

I know I'll catch hell for this, and I don't know what happened, but more often than not, when an entire family is against one person...

It makes more sense that one person sucks in the scenario than four or more.  I could be wrong, but if everybody in his family calls him out, maybe Rodgers isn't the greatest person.  And if it's true that Aaron's parents are in the area and he hasn't checked on them...

If I had a sibling who didn't check on my parents when they were in a natural disaster area, I might call him out, too. 

I'll get called a Rodgers hater of course, but just thought it was worth pointing out. 

• Like 2

I wonder how Favre would have been treated by Packers fans on social media if social media existed back then lol....it's like people (surprisingly even some Packers fans too) were just waiting for Rodgers to have a below par season(when compared to his usual standards)...the amount of stupid hot takes I have seen ever since last Thursday is actually hilarious...I like seeing Packers lose but  enjoy watching Aaron play....so this situation  has been kinda bittersweet for me seeing Packers fans meltdown and also simultaneously Rodgers bashing.

• Like 1

In for the juicy Rodgers family drama. This stuff is so wild, I hope we one day get the fully story on it. What could cause a rift this big that you don't care about your parents well being!? Of course Jordan could just be exaggerating since he clearly is in it for the attention, but the other bro seemed to have same thoughts as well in a subtweet. We're probably gonna have to wait until his football life in 5-10 years..

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

In for the juicy Rodgers family drama. This stuff is so wild, I hope we one day get the fully story on it. What could cause a rift this big that you don't care about your parents well being!? Of course Jordan could just be exaggerating since he clearly is in it for the attention, but the other bro seemed to have same thoughts as well in a subtweet. We're probably gonna have to wait until his football life in 5-10 years..

This is what made the Kardashians famous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I know I'll catch hell for this, and I don't know what happened, but more often than not, when an entire family is against one person...

It makes more sense that one person sucks in the scenario than four or more.  I could be wrong, but if everybody in his family calls him out, maybe Rodgers isn't the greatest person.  And if it's true that Aaron's parents are in the area and he hasn't checked on them...

If I had a sibling who didn't check on my parents when they were in a natural disaster area, I might call him out, too. 

I'll get called a Rodgers hater of course, but just thought it was worth pointing out. 

I am not disputing that Aaron may be the one in the wrong regarding the family issues. But you take that up with him personally. Not in a tweet that the whole world can see. I can only judge people based on the information I have. So I will not pretend to know why this whole rift started or who is at fault. But I do see 2 idiots tweeting family business for the whole world to see. They aren't sending that for their mom, they are to trying to undermine the positive message Aaron is trying to send. Dbag move no matter what way you look at it.

• Like 5

I'm in northern CA and while they are close to the threat, Chico, CA(where his parents live) isn't really in any legitimate danger beyond awful air quality/smoke. Either way, it's a bad look for both parties. Aaron not even bothering to check up on his parents and then his brothers crying about it over twitter over Rodgers donation tweet trying to undermine his message and make it about them and their mom