5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I know I'll catch hell for this, and I don't know what happened, but more often than not, when an entire family is against one person...

It makes more sense that one person sucks in the scenario than four or more.  I could be wrong, but if everybody in his family calls him out, maybe Rodgers isn't the greatest person.  And if it's true that Aaron's parents are in the area and he hasn't checked on them...

If I had a sibling who didn't check on my parents when they were in a natural disaster area, I might call him out, too. 

I'll get called a Rodgers hater of course, but just thought it was worth pointing out. 

We will never know what actually happened between them and it is true that Rodgers might not be the best guy but from my personal experience it could be the other way around as well. 

I am estranged from my parents due to things they did with money/lied about. My sibling is on their side and that doesn’t make me a bad person, I would say the opposite, in fact. 

I honestly don’t know how I would handle a situation like that and I wonder if they would reach out to see if I was okay. I can’t imagine having the whole internet talking about my family issues.

His brothers airing it out for everyone to see is definitively not helping. If anything it makes Aaron feel more justified in his stance. 

You could be right but we will never know for sure & everyone saying he is a “trash” person online because he doesn’t talk to his family is just nonsense. 

• Like 2

I know plenty of ****ty families that have banded together in short-sighted hatred of good people because of bigotry. Things like:

1) Scorning a women for divorcing an abusive husband because they believed divorce was an unforgiveable sin.

2) Disowning a gay family member.

3) Hating on a family members who refused to side with relatives who did a crappy thing.

From the rumors I've heard about the Rodgers situation, it sounds like at least part of Aaron's falling out with his family is related to (3). Allegedly his brother was dating a friend of Munn's and cheated on her, and Rodgers didn't side with his brother. Maybe his brother has a different story, maybe not, but if that's how it went down and the rest of the Rodgers family sided with the brother except for Aaron- that makes the family the bad guys and not him.

That doesn't mean Rodgers isn't can't be smug, condescending, and infuriating. He is at times all those things. But from what I've seen of his public life he genuinely cares about his friends, teammates, and those less fortunate than himself. He's charitable with his time and money. He cares about what doing what is right, even if that means taking a different side than the one his family is on sometimes.

Rodgers is a blamer and a finger pointer.  It follows that he is not a leader.  I was disappointed when Favre got bigger than the coach and bigger than the team - opting to gun sling instead of check down as Brady so often does.   BUT Favre very very rarely degraded his teammates on field.  Favre would giggle and laugh but the CLAP and say, "ok felllas, we got this... lets go!"   Rodgers points and pouts.   GREAT skill but lacking in leadership.  I worry the GBP will follow same path and fire coach and muddle through AR final years instead of COACH HIM.  (and regardless of his $ he should accept coaching)

• Like 1

Nobody can judge another when it comes to family relations. It is not rare for family's to be dysfunctional and believing in a generational delusion of what is right and what is wrong and those that question the delusion are the outcast. So, we are to believe that the reality TV brother is the righteous one and doesn't have an axe to grind against his more talented brother? Some of the oldest sagas in history are based on such tales.

Aaron has an ego no doubt as we all do, some even cast their ego on football fan pages exposing their insecurities. Remember the golden rule, nobody's perfect, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. We all share a common bond as a Packer fans lets try and refrain from the personal stuff.

16 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

I'm in northern CA and while they are close to the threat, Chico, CA(where his parents live) isn't really in any legitimate danger beyond awful air quality/smoke. Either way, it's a bad look for both parties. Aaron not even bothering to check up on his parents and then his brothers crying about it over twitter over Rodgers donation tweet trying to undermine his message and make it about them and their mom

Perhaps Rodgers knew Chico wasn't in any legitimate danger so he didn't check up on them?  Man, the guy makes this gesture and folks rail on him because of his rift with his family?  The Rodgers family isn't the first nor the last to have a falling out.  I have too many friends who are not famous but who also do not speak to family members for what turns out to be stupid misunderstandings on both parts.  I for one will not judge our QB or his family for this without knowing all the facts.  Unless some here know more than I do I don't think they shouldn't be judging anybody either.  

IMO what Rodgers is doing here is great.  I hope he raises similar money that JJ Watt did in Houston after Hurricane Harvey.

I'm not giving up on Rodgers, nor am I going to pile on or throw him under the bus, but I'll just say that I'm disappointed in him this year and maybe some humbling will do him good.  I'm seeing a lot of folks jumping off his knob, er, bandwagon around the Country, and perhaps that will serve as a catalyst to come back next season and play more to the level we're accustomed, and frankly, to his contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

You can't be the highest paid player in the NFL and miss the two sure TDs to Adams that Aaron missed against the Vikings. Literally the difference in the game.

I tend to agree.....but that little ray of light continually winds up getting bent into the prism of somehow thats all MMs fault and he should be fired.
Not figure out why the passes are heading off into no mans land - but - fire the coach. Listen I'm not standing up for NOT firing MM - I'd just like it to be for valid reasons - and ARs miscues isnt one of them IMO.

On 11/21/2018 at 7:48 PM, Outpost31 said:

I'm glad they're calling Rodgers out.  Angry Rodgers is the best Rodgers.

You want a man's family to call him out on social media regarding whatever family issues they have going on because you think it will make Rodgers angry and therefore play better...?

Some people O.o

• 3 weeks later...

lots of people have complained about ARs performance as a whole this year.  i tend to not think the sky is falling and chalk up a lot of the bad play to a combination of multiple factors (knee not 100%, chemistry with new receivers not there, spotty OL play, friction on play calling).  one thing i can't wrap my brain around is the decline in deep ball accuracy though.  if you asked me 6 years ago what i thought AR would be remembered for, it was his deep ball accuracy.  now he can't seem to ever hit a guy in stride, and often over/under throws even when his receiver has a step on his defender.  what the heck happened???  can we chalk this up to some of the factors i previously mentioned (chemistry maybe?)?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/17/aaron-rodgers-avoids-interceptions-but-he-leads-the-nfl-in-bad-plays/

Aaron Rodgers leads the league in bad plays.  But only two interceptions.  Lol. 

Told y'all we should have at LEAST made him play out those final two years on his contract.  He is robbing us and most of us don't even know or can't even accept that he's robbing us. 

What Rodgers is doing this year is walking into a bank vault, walking out with bags full of money and telling everyone in the bank he's not stealing it and everyone believing him. 

What is it?  Do people just not want to believe?  Do they watch him and convince themselves that it's a bad OL, bad coach, bad players... Davante Adams is arguably better than any receiver Favre had other than Sharpe and people complained that Favre never had the talent around him.  Favre had the equivalent of a healthy Bulaga at LT, Rodgers has Bakhtiari.  Favre had a year where Samkon Gado was the lead back with Rod Gardner brought in and that one Cobb-like receiver and Koren Robinson as his top three receivers. 

I'm just sick of people not accepting that Rodgers is having a really, really, really bad year.  It's bad.  It's not bad by Aaron's standards, it is a bad year for him period.  Don't know how you can watch the Cardinals game and a handful of other games and point your finger at his lack of help when he's got players streaking open on every single play that he doesn't throw to. 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/17/aaron-rodgers-avoids-interceptions-but-he-leads-the-nfl-in-bad-plays/

Aaron Rodgers leads the league in bad plays.  But only two interceptions.  Lol. 

Told y'all we should have at LEAST made him play out those final two years on his contract.  He is robbing us and most of us don't even know or can't even accept that he's robbing us. 

What Rodgers is doing this year is walking into a bank vault, walking out with bags full of money and telling everyone in the bank he's not stealing it and everyone believing him. 

What is it?  Do people just not want to believe?  Do they watch him and convince themselves that it's a bad OL, bad coach, bad players... Davante Adams is arguably better than any receiver Favre had other than Sharpe and people complained that Favre never had the talent around him.  Favre had the equivalent of a healthy Bulaga at LT, Rodgers has Bakhtiari.  Favre had a year where Samkon Gado was the lead back with Rod Gardner brought in and that one Cobb-like receiver and Koren Robinson as his top three receivers. 

I'm just sick of people not accepting that Rodgers is having a really, really, really bad year.  It's bad.  It's not bad by Aaron's standards, it is a bad year for him period.  Don't know how you can watch the Cardinals game and a handful of other games and point your finger at his lack of help when he's got players streaking open on every single play that he doesn't throw to. 

You'd have to so a "bad play" per passing play to be able to pull any meaning from that stat and even then it would be questionable.

And I say that as your appointed Co-Leader of the "Anti-Rodgers" Brigade.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

You'd have to so a "bad play" per passing play to be able to pull any meaning from that stat and even then it would be questionable.

And I say that as your appointed Co-Leader of the "Anti-Rodgers" Brigade.

I'm not trying to suggest Rodgers is the worst QB in the NFL, just pointing out that his "godly" lack of interceptions come with their own consequences.  That fact can be gleamed from those numbers.  Sacks, with a bad punter, can be just as bad as an interception.