5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

Just now, incognito_man said:

Rodgers went public with it right after the game.

Just saying, I don't see any new insight there that we all didn't know already?

THought everyone knew Rodgers did this stuff.

I remember - thats why I went back there to find the play Lewis described.
I think ARs ***** was a low blow to be honest. We'd just shutout BUF and he's publicly bitching about the play calling?
ARs ability to call audibles is well known - by Lewis I'm sure - but the way he describes it, this wasnt a change made at the LOS based on defensive scheme. 

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers went public with it right after the game.

Just saying, I don't see any new insight there that we all didn't know already?

THought everyone knew Rodgers did this stuff.

Big difference between changing a play based on personnel and alignment and going to a bomb when you're in clock kill mode.

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

So, if Rodgers is changing plays and disobeying orders, why didn't McCarthy hold him to account?  I really don't get how these two got to that point .. makes no sense.  How should the next head coach handle Rodgers .. give him more responsibility, or take it away?  If Rodgers starts to disobey the new guy I think you start figuring out how to part ways with Aaron. 

This could be one of the reasons why McCarthy was shown his walking papers.  We can't have the inmates running the asylum.  I hope whoever we hire will not lose control of his players like this.

I'm glad someone posted a clip of the comments made by Lewis.  :$

Edited by Pugger

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

The live account feels a bit different to me than what’s being portrayed but maybe not

Well, I guess this shows us why we need to see the body language and the tone of what is being said to really know what is really going on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

This could be one of the reasons why McCarthy was shown his walking papers.  We can't have the inmates running the asylum.  I hope whoever we hire will not lose control of his players like this.

I'm glad someone posted a clip of the comments made by Lewis.  :$

How do you control Rodgers with that contract?

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fans won't like this answer, but you don't try to "control" him.

A coach needs to get into his head, figure out what his goals are, where he is coming from on various issues, and integrate those into the scheme so that the team goals and Rodgers goals are aligned.

• Like 2

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Fans won't like this answer, but you don't try to "control" him.

A coach needs to get into his head, figure out what his goals are, where he is coming from on various issues, and integrate those into the scheme so that the team goals and Rodgers goals are aligned.

That's what I'm saying, if Rodgers's goals and the team goals are in opposition, you better be able to turn Rodgers's head, otherwise you're screwed as a coach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

if Rodgers's goals and the team goals are in opposition

It would be understandable if they weren't 100% in sync, but "opposition" suggests a pretty wide gap - I don't think that's the case.
Possible Cabbage brought this up the other day when talking about a Defense-minded head coach who may or may not be in favor of scoring quickly all the time

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just because a player has a big contract does that mean he is no longer coachable?   None of us know Rodgers personally - as far as I know - so none of us know what kind of person he really is.