5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

I don't blame him for his body language.  Last season was a mess.  At least it showed he gave a damn.

Well, who has bad body language when things aren't a mess? Might as well say nobody's body language should ever be critiqued.

(and I say this as someone who thinks fans/writers make to much out of player's body language in general)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

Well, who has bad body language when things aren't a mess? Might as well say nobody's body language should ever be critiqued.

(and I say this as someone who thinks fans/writers make to much out of player's body language in general)

I mean if the camera instantly zoomed in on any QB immediately after every bad play like they do with Rodgers I'm guessing pretty much 100% of those QBs would get the "bad body language" narrative.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, 66PinG said:

Are you?

Personally, I love him. But, he needs to return to the AR of 2011.

No, he needs to return to the Rodgers of the start of 2010 where he didn't think his poop cured cancer and that the world revolves around his TD:INT ratio.  Rodgers is wasting Aaron's prime, not our coaches, not our GM, Rodgers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

C'mon man.  You make a better case yourself.  Now you want to point to articles by Florio?  That guys is an avowed Viking fan who gets paid by the click, he loves to egg on Packer fans.  He quotes two players, JMike Finley (who had enough issues of his own to deal with) and KGB, who played on the other side of the ball.

You don't have to like ARodg, especially the arrogance thing.  As far as I'm concerned- he's earned that right through hard work.  He acts the complete professional in front of the camera and you'd have to nitpick to find instances counter to that. 

Arrogant? Yep, but I'm glad he's ours.  Might be the most talented QB ever. 

I read the article...immediately thought...great here goes Finley again.  But...I don't think Finley said anything there that we didn't see this year.  It was actually kind of tame for him.

KGB wise?  Again, not sure he shed any light on anything, just showed how he viewed the differences between Favre and Rodgers.  Differences that we've all seen.

I have no issue with what either guy said.

And....if I'm a betting man, I'm betting that Rodgers turns it around.  He's many things, one of those things isn't "stupid".  He knows that he needs to embrace change in order to regain his status as one of the best ever.  And, an angry/motivated Rodgers is a good Rodgers.

How can you not like the guy when he can do classic things like this?

Image result for Aaron Rodgers grape crush

Edited by vegas492

I love the guy, but he gets a chance for a fresh start with LaFleur and he better not blow it.  I have no doubt he can be difficult ..  he has very high standards and expectations of his teammates.  Finley's word counts for something, but I'm sure he wasn't a Rodgers favorite.  KGB hasn't been a Packers since 2008 .. he's far too removed from the situation to be taken very seriously.  Still though ... there is a lot of talk of Rodgers being difficult and it's time for Rodgers to take a look in the mirror and report to work with the best attitude he can muster.  Winning cures a lot of things.

• Like 1