5 Up - 5 Down Falcons!

JDLefebvre

The entire game overall was an up for me. Even Dupree.

The exceptions being at times the secondary still looked lost.

Stupid penalties

And on that 3rd and 1 play (forget what point of the game it was) we ran a very slow developing handoff instead of a QB sneak. In the grand scheme of things it didnt matter but these little things drive me nuts.

Conners fumble, its a down because it happened, an acceptable one because it wasnt a Turnover. Gotta secure that ball.

Dupree, on the penalty comment, seems to get a lot of illegal hands to the face penalties, at this point i think its a technique choice issue.

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Dupree, on the penalty comment, seems to get a lot of illegal hands to the face penalties, at this point i think its a technique choice issue.

I never understood how he let this happen twice in a game. If this becomes habit, then the coaches are to blame. 

1 hour ago, Bobikus said:

Berry has stepped up recently.

it helps thats for sure. If he can keep placing the kicks it will help us thats for sure.  He can stay on the team for now. What punters are out there that you would consider if Berry got hurt or had a really bad streak and got cut from the team? 

Biggest up for me this game is that they let the defense play aggressively all game, which is what they should keep doing.  Going all rush 3 drop 8 or soft coverage prevent crap doesn't work with this team at all, because the secondary is bad enough that even with extra men in coverage they give up big chunks of passing yardage.  They're much better when they prioritize getting pressure on the QB.

On 2018-10-08 at 6:04 AM, Bobikus said:

Biggest up for me this game is that they let the defense play aggressively all game, which is what they should keep doing.  Going all rush 3 drop 8 or soft coverage prevent crap doesn't work with this team at all, because the secondary is bad enough that even with extra men in coverage they give up big chunks of passing yardage.  They're much better when they prioritize getting pressure on the QB.

agree, but will they continue what works or revert to insanity? As it is now with his roster they need to blitz because from what I have seen , they can't get the pressure with 4 up front often enough . 

Up:

OL was dominant.

Ben was on point most of the time.

Run defense solid.

DC scheme was aggressive and affective.

OC had solid game plan.

Watt, Haden, Hilton, Bostic, Conner, Matakevich, Fort all had solid games.

Well coached game.

Down:

Refs

Penalties

Middle of defense.

No ability to cover TEs, again smh

Archived