Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

5 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

One other element that comes into play in lambeau re:crowd noise is temps. I went to one game in lanbeau, it was October and Bout 36 degrees and most people were wearing mittens. Go to SF in december and it’s most likely in the 50s and no one is. Means appause noise is pretty muted in in GB compared to warmer climate and indoor stadiums. Definitely a factor too imo

Don’t know if this is true or not but i heard most people have vocal chords as well

Maybe it's a season thing. I never go to Sept/Oct games anymore. A few Nov games, but basically most Dec/Jan games and there's always a young crowd by me and a loud stadium.

Older people are probably more likely to go to good weather games and young people are probably more likely to drink and be loud at late season, cold weather, meaningful games.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Cant say its schemed this way but here again we see the OLB (51) getting caught up inside and the MLB (50) getting blocked off to the outside. Result: no contain. Dont know what happened on this play.

This isn't actually as bad as it looks.

If anyone wants to watch the whole play, it starts at 01:12 left in the second quarter.  It is 3rd and 7.

The blitz brings 7 guys.  While the fullback clogs the blitz lane for Burks and Whitehead, the collapse of the right side forces Beathard out on the move  with Burks and Fackrell in pursuit.  Having to flee the pocket causes Beathard's throw to miss the receiver for an incompletion.  Fackrell has better edge control than it looks, as it looks to me like if Beathard tried to run, Fackrell would have dropped him before any significant gain.

The play worked from that aspect- didn't get the sack, but did disrupt the QB.  Unfortunately, penalty on Josh Jackson undid the effort and gave up the first down.

Growing pains.  This kind of thing can get better.

34 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Old people suck at making noise. Deal with it!

I actually couldn't care less. Never crosses my mind unless someone brings it up. I think it's kind of overrated. But what do I know

37 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

One other element that comes into play in lambeau re:crowd noise is temps. I went to one game in lanbeau, it was October and Bout 36 degrees and most people were wearing mittens. Go to SF in december and it’s most likely in the 50s and no one is. Means appause noise is pretty muted in in GB compared to warmer climate and indoor stadiums. Definitely a factor too imo

Cowbells.

Wisconsin is cow country isnt it? Well arm the young and old with something they can all do with / without mittens on: shake a cowbell.
I'd imagine some 60,000 cowbells ringing in unison would be fairly noisy and potentially disruptive. Its easier on the vocal cords and you can still hold a beer with the opposite hand :)

Archived