Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

Then again, if we win it, we'd have a better record than the year we won the Super Bowl.  I really do have a lot of faith in this defense.  Even without a real pass rusher.  They're different this year.  With a healthy secondary, I feel like they could hold teams to under 20 in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Then again, if we win it, we'd have a better record than the year we won the Super Bowl.  I really do have a lot of faith in this defense.  Even without a real pass rusher.  They're different this year.  With a healthy secondary, I feel like they could hold teams to under 20 in the playoffs. 

So which is it?  Do you want them to tank (if they lose next weekend), or do you want them to showcase this defense in the playoffs, with a hopefully rejuvenated offense?

7 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

GB's ST unit hasn't been good for years and honestly I was surprised Zook survived after last season.

Slocum got 6 years of some truly God awful STs play before the disaster in Seattle in the 2014 NFC Championship game finally led MM to send him on his way.

Zook is only year 4 of getting subpar results.

Were 10th is offensive yards, 18th in PPG.

Were 5th in defensive yards, 18th in PPG.

Were 3rd in defensive passing yards per game, 15th in rushing yards per game. 

All of these numbers will get better against the 49ers. I feel like a goof confidence booster game is coming on national TV before the bye. Its gonna be fun.

17 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Calling the defense good is a stretch IMO. They're solidly average for the most part. The pass rush just isn't good enough and won't be all year long which will hinder that unit. That said, they are the least of the teams worries so far this season

This offense has performed well below standards all season long, often times spectacularly so. GB's ST unit hasn't been good for years and honestly I was surprised Zook survived after last season. They get flagged a TON every single week. They have no real threat at KR/PR. JK Scott has been a boost though

If you consider this is the first year with a new DC and scheme this is a big improvement, wouldn't you say?

When your offense is dependent on your elite QB and he isn't himself your offense is gonna struggle.  It didn't help to not have Cobb or Geronimo out there.  

We aren't the only team getting flagged on kick returns.  It is the exception in this league if a kick/punt return is flag free.  We got jobbed on that first punt.  I still say King never touched that ball.

18 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Calling the defense good is a stretch IMO. They're solidly average for the most part. The pass rush just isn't good enough and won't be all year long which will hinder that unit. That said, they are the least of the teams worries so far this season

This offense has performed well below standards all season long, often times spectacularly so. GB's ST unit hasn't been good for years and honestly I was surprised Zook survived after last season. They get flagged a TON every single week. They have no real threat at KR/PR. JK Scott has been a boost though

The defense is doing more with less.  The offense, quite the opposite.  

Archived