Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I see the Niners as basically an auto-win 

I see the Rams as basically an auto-loss

Our chance to prove we've taken a step forward will be Week 9 against NE. The Patriots don't scare me and we match up pretty well against them. Definitely a game we could steal on the road assuming we play 95% better than we've played on the road in 2 games so far this year. 

I feel okay about the Rams game since we're coming off a bye, but it will depend on how we start. There will be no epic comeback against the Rams team, like the Falcons NFCCG two years ago. Rams are built to play with a lead and the offense is high powered enough to keep scoring. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I feel okay about the Rams game since we're coming off a bye, but it will depend on how we start. There will be no epic comeback against the Rams team, like the Falcons NFCCG two years ago. Rams are built to play with a lead and the offense is high powered enough to keep scoring. 

Do we typically even perform well after a bye? We came off our bye 6-0 in 2015 and went to Denver and got stomped by the Broncos. I'm expecting something pretty similar in LA. I'm talking probably 38-24 or something close.  

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:
8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Do we typically even perform well after a bye? We came off our bye 6-0 in 2015 and went to Denver and got stomped by the Broncos. I'm expecting something pretty similar in LA. I'm talking probably 38-24 or something close. 

Varied results, but mostly wins. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Varied results, but mostly wins. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Very well actually. 9-3 all time under McCarthy

I don't care if we bury the 9ers.  I just want the W, the guys to play well and no injuries.  We gotta stop killing ourselves with stupid penalties, do not turn the ball over and execute the damn plays.  If we do this we'll be fine going into the bye.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't care if we bury the 9ers.  I just want the W, the guys to play well and no injuries.  We gotta stop killing ourselves with stupid penalties, do not turn the ball over and execute the damn plays.  If we do this we'll be fine going into the bye.

Agree.

10 minutes ago, Pugger said:

A win is a win, but there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't bury the 49ers at home in primetime. There are no "moral" victories, but momentum and confidence are a thing

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

A win is a win, but there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't bury the 49ers at home in primetime. There are no "moral" victories, but momentum and confidence are a thing

When they talley things up, moral victories count as much as.......the other type.

I’m pretty convinced the key to this game is for the league to spot the Niners a 20 point lead right out of the gate.  Might actually get the Packers motivated in the 1st quarter as opposed to the 3rd.  I actually think we’d win - 60 minutes to dig out of a hole instead of 30.  

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I'm pretty sure that was Mac's first loss after the bye, and I think that's the only one he's ever lost with Rodgers starting. 

13 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

For me it starts at 2:30 AM and ends around 5:30 AM. I get up for work at 7 AM.

Yeah, I hate it too, though I also hate SNF and TNF.

You must be somewhere in the Stockholm, Copenhagen, Berlin, Frankfurt, Sarajevo, Rome, Capetown, timeband  (GMT + 1 hour). I'm one hour ahead of you (Bristol, S.W.England). I've stayed up for late matches before, but going to bed at  four thirty in the morning is (as you say) a pain. It's easier if you are retired, and can sleep till 11 or 12 though.

Archived