First raider forum post

Silver&Black88

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Damn, I'm the first non-Raider mod in here? Feelsgoodman

This new forum is clean. Is this here to stay, or is this just a beta for now?

It's in beta, but looks like it's going to be the new thing. From what I've read, the logistics of how webby will make the transition and how the content will make the transition are still being worked out. 

On 7/20/2017 at 4:20 PM, NickButera said:

It's in beta, but looks like it's going to be the new thing. From what I've read, the logistics of how webby will make the transition and how the content will make the transition are still being worked out. 

Are they going to transfer over old topics or will it just be a clean start?

Going back and forth all week has been a pain in the arse

27 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I think it isn't going to be migrated

Hmm.... would think it wouldn't be too difficult but no big deal. A fresh, much-needed start. Once everything is officially cut over also, there will be no need to go back and forth.

On 7/25/2017 at 10:24 AM, JTagg7754 said:

Hmm.... would think it wouldn't be too difficult but no big deal. A fresh, much-needed start. Once everything is officially cut over also, there will be no need to go back and forth.

Fresh start! It's up to us to create the content. 

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If it's up to us to do content, I was hoping we could at least "restart" all the threads of note, e.g. offense thread, defense thread, free agents, training camp, depth charts, 2018 draft talk (:D), etc

Members have a bad habit of posting in only a handful of topics in order to keep the team forums clean and organized.   This is not great forum for activity.   Unless you are the handful of veteran members who visit daily they are hard to follow and offer nothing for your forum.   To new visitors, your forum looks dead as there are no new topics with current events listed.  To any members coming back after being away for a few weeks it's difficult to follow.  

With this forum update, I'm hoping we see an increase in activity.   But it will never do that if the team forums only have a few active topics.  Members should break out of this bad habit and work on creating numerous topics with descriptive titles.  A forum works best when there are lots of different topics for members to participate in .  The very nature of the forum will cause the popular topics to rise and the unpopular topics to fall and disappear.  

I agree with Webby.  Its hard to sort whats going on in those threads.  I think the Random Raiders thread should stay.  Maybe the draft and offseason threads because some stuff posted in there isn't threadworthy. Some of the stuff that goes into them or even the Offense and Defense threads can totally be independent threads.  Creates more activity, and even regulars don't have to sift through 6 pages of posts (sometimes with multiple conversations happening) to see all the updates.

Archived