FootballsFuture Fantasy Football Challenge

BayRaider

Ok, so I posted this in NFL Gen last year but my downfall was I made it like 5-6 days before the season started and got like 10 signups and scrapped the whole idea (my bad if that upset anyone). My goal is at least 28-30 signups and preferably 45-50. I will keep you guys updated on how many sign up and if we fully go through with this game.

How to play:

- Pick 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), and 1 DEF every single week throughout the season. This is for all 17 weeks.
- You cannot pick the same player twice. Once for the entire season.
- At the end of Week 12, the Top 16 will be put into a Tournament. Round 1 will be Week 13, Round 2 will be Week 14, Round 3 will be in Week 15, and the Finals in Week 16. If we get less than 35 people, I will probably reduce the playoffs to an 8 Team Tournament and starting in Week 14.
- Everyone can play for all 17 Weeks and try to get the highest amount of points for the season. You can all debate afterwards who's the GOAT, the Tournament winner, or the guy with the highest season point total.

Scoring Format:

It will be a 6 point passing touchdown and Half Point Per Reception Scoring Format.

Fraction points will be used for yards.

QB Scoring:

6 Points Per TD
-2 Points per INT
1 point per 25 yards passing
6 points per rushing TD
1 point per 10 yards rushing

RB and WR scoring:

6 points per TD
1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving
0.5 points per reception

Misc:
2 Points per 2 Point Conversion
-1 Point per Fumble Lost
6 Points per Offensive Fumble Recovery TD
6 points per kick/punt return TD

Defensive Scoring:

Points allowed:

12 Points per Shutout
1-6 points = 8 points
7-13 points = 5 points
14-20 points = 1 point
21-27 points = 0 points
28-34 points = -2 points
35+ points = -4 points

0.25 points per TFL
1 point per Sack
2 points per INT
2 points per Fumble Recovery
4 points per Safety
6 Points per Touchdown
2 points per Blocked Kick

This is defense only and not a Defense/Special Teams combo. You will not receive points for Kick/Punt Return Touchdowns (Unless you have that player).

Deadline to Post your picks:

They must be posted in this thread no later than 10:00am PST|1pm EST time on Sundays. If you want to add players for Thursdays game, post before the start of Thursdays game. If you are few minutes past 10:00am I may still allow your post if kickoff hasn't happen or is in progress.

Editing Rules:

Please create a new post and your old one will be disregarded. Obviously, you cannot change one of your picks who played Thursday night. Include the Thursday night player in your new post and also state this is "2nd Entry".

Due to the new forum, editing times are not shown therefore please do not edit any posts. Any edited posts AFTER Thursday will disqualify you immediately. Example: You posted your picks prior to Thursday night and edited them the next day to nothing because you picked a bad player Thursday night. Even if you edited a non pick post because of a spelling typo, it would still result in a DQ. I would have no idea if that post was picks or not. So don't edit non pick posts either.

Discussion:

I will create a discussion thread for this game closer to the season start. I would rather this be only picks/official posts. Makes it easier to sort and count up points. However, until that thread is made, feel free to discuss.

Hope to get a lot of you in this! Mods, if this is in the wrong section feel free to move. Although it was welcomed and stayed in NFL Gen last year. No way this gets a decent amount of people in any other section.

Thank you.

@BayRaider

Have you thought about having the Mods post this into their own team forums? Maybe to get some of the guys who don't venture out into NFL gen? The Mods can then have a week to week post on which people the posters in their forum are using, then just copy and paste into a main thread in NFL gen for you. May generate a little more interest and get some more sign ups plus clean up the main NFL Gen post so you're not going through 40 individual posts of player teams. 

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Umm what day is the draft, and will people be placed on the clock? Or do we just submit the picks before week 1? And then we go from there.

If the ladder, I'm in.

Theres no draft. You pick players and cant use the same one twice. 

Archived