5 up, 5 down vs. Ravens

pnies20

Up:

1. Desmond Harrison - He had a couple plays where Suggs got the better of him but he is still steadily improving. 

2. Ward - DROY anybody?

3. Avery - 5th round steal. Only player outside of Garrett who had a sack to generate a semblance of consistent pressure. I noticed he Got held a bunch without any calls. Go figure.

4. Baker - Stayed calm and led this young team to a W against a division foe

5. EJ Gaines - Stepped in for Mitchell and played a great game

Down:

1. Penalties - it's getting absurd at this point. Refs just do whatever they want to the Browns every week.

2. Special teams - included here is the kicker. We're going to be working out more kickers

3. Callaway/Njoku - gotta fix these drops. I bet bakers adjust comp % is close to 75%

4. Haley - play calling at some points is questionable at best.

5. Tackling - We gave up so many yards after touches against average players.

10 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Up:

1. Desmond Harrison - He had a couple plays where Suggs got the better of him but he is still steadily improving. 

2. Ward - DROY anybody?

3. Avery - 5th round steal. Only player outside of Garrett who had a sack to generate a semblance of consistent pressure. I noticed he Got held a bunch without any calls. Go figure.

4. Baker - Stayed calm and led this young team to a W against a division foe

5. EJ Gaines - Stepped in for Mitchell and played a great game

Down:

1. Penalties - it's getting absurd at this point. Refs just do whatever they want to the Browns every week.

2. Special teams - included here is the kicker. We're going to be working out more kickers

3. Callaway/Njoku - gotta fix these drops. I bet bakers adjust comp % is close to 75%

4. Haley - play calling at some points is questionable at best.

5. Tackling - We gave up so many yards after touches against average players.

Agree with this. Njoku made some nice plays too, though.

Should we draft a kicker in the first next year? 9_9

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s not the next Patrick Willis, but he’s gonna play a long time in the league.

He’s been our best LB without question. 

He is the best against the pass and good against the run. 

I bought kirko played well against the run today.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, they all had a heck of a game.

Id have liked to see more Avery in passing downs though, I feel like Ogbah is never gonna get home at this point.

Is it time to try moving Ogbah inside?

Up

They've all been said.

Down

Yeah.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, they all had a heck of a game.

Id have liked to see more Avery in passing downs though, I feel like Ogbah is never gonna get home at this point.

Agreed. Ogbah is one guy who I've definitely been disappointed by.

Up.

1. The clutch slippery midget with stones.

2.the clutch crafty small guy with a nose for the ball.

3. The defense as a whole. 

4. Peppers had a solid game, stone walked their running back, did ok in coverage and had a decent 12 yard return.

5. Jackson had an ok game has head coach. 

Down. 

1. Amos jones blows.

2. Haley was bailed out by Baker on the last drive. 

3. Haley called too many dumb plays. Why so many te screens when we haven't done any too Duke, or many to the wrs.

4. Hubbard has too many pass deflections on his side. 

5. Being well coached. Too many drops, too many penalties, too many mental errors, chubb missed a block Baker got sacked.

Ogunjobi isn't on the stat line but made so much impact inside. He's becoming big time. A lot of our big plays were do to his wreaking havock on the interior Oline.

Ogbah at least got some pressure.

Peppers, like Ogunjobi, didn't fill up the stat line, but was everywhere and very impactful.

Schobert is a stud.

Ward is emerging as an elite corner.

EJ Gaines answered the bell. Hope he keeps it up. He played well last year in Buffalo, so he has the ability. He's gotta stay healthy.

Desmond Harrison is holding his own, but definitely needs to add mass and strength this off-season. Suggs' bullrush got the better of him a few times, but even Big Joe got bulled a time or two by Suggs.

Hubbard got some bad calls today. 

Refs sucked! It's almost funny how bad our officiating has been this season.

Our entire special teams unit, including coach, needs scrapped! They are costing us games. Even Peppers needs tossed from the unit. Focus on being a safety, my man.

I think this team needs to work harder in training camp to get better conditioned. Fatigue makes cowards of us all, Jimmy Johnson always said. Biggest change he made immediately in Dallas was to make his guys work harder on conditioning and endurance. We need that. Guy's seem to get gassed too quick, IMO. 4th quarter, it feels like guys are struggling instead of imposing themselves.

Archived