5 up, 5 down vs. Ravens

pnies20

16 hours ago, DawgX said:

All our LBs played well today, IMO.

Jamie Collins was atrocious yesterday. Almost every one of their big runs yesterday was his fault. Yes he flashed here and there, but he was not very good yesterday. He is clueless as to how to play gap-sound football. He doesn't use his hands to shuck blocks and never has the proper leverage when taking on blocks. He has horrendous linebacker fundamentals, but because of his immense athletic talent, he flashes quite often and makes some spectacular plays.

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Jamie Collins was atrocious yesterday. Almost every one of their big runs yesterday was his fault. Yes he flashed here and there, but he was not very good yesterday. He is clueless as to how to play gap-sound football. He doesn't use his hands to shuck blocks and never has the proper leverage when taking on blocks. He has horrendous linebacker fundamentals, but because of his immense athletic talent, he flashes quite often and makes some spectacular plays.

Perfectly said, and I completely agree.  We don't have better alternatives at this point, but he is a current weakness to our defense.  It's easy to see why Belichick jettisoned him.

For now, we have to hope for the athletic ability to produce some splash plays, because overall, he's not a very good LB.

Just now, ReggieCamp said:

Perfectly said, and I completely agree.  We don't have better alternatives at this point, but he is a current weakness to our defense.  It's easy to see why Belichick jettisoned him.

For now, we have to hope for the athletic ability to produce some splash plays, because overall, he's not a very good LB.

The one thing I notice with Collins is he seems like he hates playing football or something, like it’s really work to show up and play.

No emotion, no hype, no excitement, bad body language.... idk it just irks me at times.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't know man... I watched it pretty closely... him and Kirksey.

I plan to review the All22 sometime soon though.

Jamie Collins was indeed atrocious and terrible against the Jets and was not good against Oakland, but he played well yesterday in terms of run fits... and being gap sound. He played with force to redirect runs as well. I don't care how many tackles he had or how many times the announcers say his name.. I'm just talking about film wise.

Collins played with urgency... force... discipline and minimized mistakes yesterday compared to the previous bad games (Jets game being absolute trash).

Even on the first big run.. he didn't duck inside like he has in the past he tried to shoot the gap, but the blocking was just too good... he played his assignment though... he could've held firm and got run over by the OL, but instead he tried to shoot in there and make a play. That's not an issue imo.

I'm with mind, I thought they all played well. Kirksey was good in the hole and Collins played well. tackled well, hit hard didn't shoot gaps or open up running lanes.

I think he has lost a lot of his athleticism since his knee injury though.

Archived