Packers Lions Post Game

skibrett15

Just now, skibrett15 said:

There's literally no other kicker who could have made those kicks in the Dallas game.

That is not the focal point. I'm just saying he has had clutch games, and bad games. I personally believe he is one of the best in the league, but if you think he is average, That is your right. I don't believe the numbers tell that story, especially kicking 8 games a year in Green Bay Wisconsin. I'm not going to argue with you. Today has much bigger issues than the kicking game.

31 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

He did, and they showed it on TV. He also gave them props in his post game interview which you can watch at Packers.com. 

Are you talking about when he was clearly pissed because both of them were next to one another in the pass in the end zone? I think it was a 2-point conversion that failed. Glad he gave them props in the post game. In camp, he was ripping them a new one. Not to mention his comment about 'deciding to give 83 another chance' last week in his post game. 

He is starting to become or has already become the prima-donna many started to despise that Favre turned into. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Indoors/outdoors?

Weather?

Crosby vs all the kicks in the NFL. 

Can't imagine that moves the needle much given that some of crosby's games are kicked indoors and lots of indoor kickers games are kicked outdoors. 

Do you have some reason to believe that crosby has kicked in worse weather than other teams other than GB just being a shoddy weather town?  We just saw him miss 5 times indoors, right?

Being better than average at kicking outdoors/bad weather and worse than average at kicking indoors isn't really an advantage at all.  It makes you a better fit for the team/situation I guess.  Same as dome teams taking kickers who are much better indoors.

52 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

These games happen. The NFC is stacked right now, and people are winning and losing. welcome to the modern day NFL. We 100% sucked today, but do you know why we will be okay? Because Rodgers going up to Crosby on the sideline. Because MM had Crosby come out and kick again in an abysmal game, and the team congratulated him. Because Rodgers pulling the young Wrs to him for a chat when a timeout was happening. This is a work in progress, and the Goat said so himself. This season is young. There will be growing pains. Hell Detroit should feel like the Packers did last week. That score with minimal production? The Packers beat the Packers today. They won't come the end of the season.

Yea but by the end of season we'll have 8 wins because of games like this...lol

People and this "games in September and October don't matter" crap...

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Are you talking about when he was clearly pissed because both of them were next to one another in the pass in the end zone? I think it was a 2-point conversion that failed. Glad he gave them props in the post game. In camp, he was ripping them a new one. Not to mention his comment about 'deciding to give 83 another chance' last week in his post game. 

He is starting to become or has already become the prima-donna many started to despise that Favre turned into. 

I guess you see it how you want to see it.

4 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

That is not the focal point. I'm just saying he has had clutch games, and bad games. I personally believe he is one of the best in the league, but if you think he is average, That is your right. I don't believe the numbers tell that story, especially kicking 8 games a year in Green Bay Wisconsin. I'm not going to argue with you. Today has much bigger issues than the kicking game.

Yeah that's fine and you're right that there are bigger fish to fry with this team.  At the very least we have an overpaid average kicker which isn't that big of a deal.  

When you're laughing about how obvious it is that he's one of the best, well, the numbers don't tell THAT story at all.  They tell a very different story.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Crosby vs all the kicks in the NFL. 

Can't imagine that moves the needle much given that some of crosby's games are kicked indoors and lots of indoor kickers games are kicked outdoors. 

Do you have some reason to believe that crosby has kicked in worse weather than other teams other than GB just being a shoddy weather town?  We just saw him miss 5 times indoors, right?

Being better than average at kicking outdoors/bad weather and worse than average at kicking indoors isn't really an advantage at all.  It makes you a better fit for the team/situation I guess.  Same as dome teams taking kickers who are much better indoors.

I can imagine it moves the needle. That's why I asked.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea but by the end of season we'll have 8 wins because of games like this...lol

People and this "games in September and October don't matter" crap...

even with Sherman we had 2-3 starts... it's the nature of the game. Outside of the empire (The Rams) the NFC has just been beating up on each other. there is a lot of football and story lines left. 

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Yeah that's fine and you're right that there are bigger fish to fry with this team.  At the very least we have an overpaid average kicker which isn't that big of a deal.  

When you're laughing about how obvious it is that he's one of the best, well, the numbers don't tell THAT story at all.  They tell a very different story.

Numbers never tell the story... The scenario does. I can't believe you're a sports fan and don't understand that. Oh well. I'll still cheers you the next time Crosby hits a game winner for us.

We've now lost 2 of our easiest 3 road games on paper. Remaining road games are:

LA, NE, CHI, MIN, NYJ, SEA

Let's be optimistic and say we win out at home for a total of 7 home wins. That means we likely need 3 road wins to make the playoffs. Find me 3 wins out of those 6.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

We've now lost 2 of our easiest 3 road games on paper. Remaining road games are:

Let's be optimism and say we win out at home for a total of 7 home wins. That means we likely need 3 road wins to make the playoffs. Find me 3 wins out of those 6.

Seattle, Jets and Bears. I think we beat Minnesota too. 

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I can imagine it moves the needle. That's why I asked.

ok.

Crosby vs our opponents (closer, but not exactly what you're asking for, and easier to find)

0-29: 98% vs 100%

30-39: 87% vs 93%

40-49: 75% vs 76%

50+: 52% vs 71%

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Let's be optimistic and say we win out at home for a total of 7 home wins. That means we likely need 3 road wins to make the playoffs. Find me 3 wins out of those 6.

You can't forecast a season. it just doesn't work in the NFL. I get the frustration and disappointment, but a lot of message boards across the league are having the same conversation. Right now it's about getting the win in San Fran and getting healthy. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Seattle, Jets and Bears. I think we beat Minnesota too. 

I'd probably pick the same 3 although all 3 will be tough. We'll need to play much better than we have been. Don't think this team has a shot against Minny until we see significant improvement. Our play in 2 road games has been abysmal, especially in the 1st half.

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

ok.

Crosby vs our opponents (closer, but not exactly what you're asking for, and easier to find)

0-29: 98% vs 100%

30-39: 87% vs 93%

40-49: 75% vs 76%

50+: 52% vs 71%

I'm not sure this is any more useful than an overall comparison.

In/outdoor splits should be pretty easy.

Just saying - if you have such a strong opinion one way or another I'd expect it to be well-reasoned beyond just a gross comparison.

I have no idea what the results are and I don't feel strongly one way or another. He might very well be very average, or he might be good when variables are accounted for. I certainly don't care enough to look. Just commenting on the misuse of raw stats I saw.

Archived