Packers Lions Post Game

skibrett15

10 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

For everyone having a hard time with the current state of affairs, there’s always this:  (gif wont post - I’ll post it later)

We could be the Falcons.  That team is a royal mess right now!!!

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Maybe if we avoid the 20+ to single digits first half scores we can finally give the guy the carries he's earned. I thought Jamaal ran well again today too. I don't know what has to change coming out of the gates but man oh man has it been absolutely dreadful in 60% of the games. 

Getting behind early in these games isn't helping either.   I'm surprised nobody here is talking about that botched call on the first punt.

9 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Ok, I saw that also.  But do you see AR doing this to other, younger players on the team?  I don’t.  AR should be the natural “player” leader of this team, but I’m not seeing it - not in his words or actions.  Only the one time today with his long-time friend, and good on him for that.  Otherwise, I stand by my lack of leadership comment.

Do you have video evidence of AR not doing this with the younger guys?  I have a feeling a camera caught that because Mason stunk yesterday and wanted to see how he was taking it all.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Getting behind early in these games isn't helping either.   I'm surprised nobody here is talking about that botched call on the first punt.

Yeah .. there was a lot wrong with that play.  Tramon has to get there and attempt to catch that ball .. could have got an interference penalty, but he just stood there and did nothing.  At a minimum you got to be screaming at your teammate to get the hell out of the way.  Then the refs blew the call and put us in the hole.  Still though, that play could have been avoided.  The Packers answered right back with a good drive .. until they bogged down as usual in the redzone ..then Crosby missed the first of many.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If you think Aaron freaking Jones had one ounce to do with the outcome of that football game, well then there's things I wish I could say to you on here.

I don't care if he played 100% of the offensive snaps, the score stays the same. Jones didn't even look good yesterday IMO. 

We handed Detroit 30 points in swing, 30! but a couple more Jones handoffs I'm sure would've saved us.

If you're going to be harsh on Mac (and he deserves it) at least pick some material that's actually fresh.

Holy man, some just don't get it. It isn't about "omgz, had Mac ran Jonez more they woulda won!!!!"m Open your eyes.

And if you weren't impressed by Jones 6 yds/carry yesterday, then I guess that shows how good he really is, and should be getting the ball more.

And new material to bash Mac? If you read, I did mention other issues with him. In this thread and the game thread.

14 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

So, the Vikes forum has a Packers game day thread. That's hilarious.

They lost to the freaking Bills at home.  They are the last bunch who should be throwing stones.  If the zebras don't call Clay for RTP on Cousins they would be in last place in the division.

2 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Holy man, some just don't get it. It isn't about "omgz, had Mac ran Jonez more they woulda won!!!!"m Open your eyes.

And if you weren't impressed by Jones 6 yds/carry yesterday, then I guess that shows how good he really is, and should be getting the ball more.

And new material to bash Mac? If you read, I did mention other issues with him. In this thread and the game thread.

There's absolutely no reason to bring up Jones yesterday other than the Jones crowd is a stubborn, annoying group that feels they know more than they do. Williams was up around 6 YPC too and Monty did some decent things in the pass game. RBs had no bearing on yesterday's outcome.

If you want to complain about the continual lack of flow of the offense, about the fact that we routinely have groups of receivers finish their routes on top of each other, the continued wasting of time outs, trusting Crosby from 56 over Rodgers or the perceived lack of leadership and passion from this team I'm all ears. 

This team is turning the ball over, committing penalties and stalling in the red zone at league worst rates I imagine. Mac has to get that fixed, at the same time the guys on the field shouldn't need a HC to not break the rules of the game or hold onto the damn football. This team needs a collective *** chewing from HC all the way down to #53 on the roster.

Early 2016 Rodgers has showed up - jumpy in the pocket, doesn't trust his WRs. It really highlights MM's scheme faults when WRs are all in the same spot at the end of their routes (even if they were open and Rodgers refused to throw it to them). I don't think either of them is helping the other in any way.

Difference between 2016 and now is our defensive is at least average to good. Will this be a R-E-L-A-X year or will it be the end of MM in GB? 

5 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Early 2016 Rodgers has showed up - jumpy in the pocket, doesn't trust his WRs. It really highlights MM's scheme faults when WRs are all in the same spot at the end of their routes (even if they were open and Rodgers refused to throw it to them). I don't think either of them is helping the other in any way.

Difference between 2016 and now is our defensive is at least average to good. Will this be a R-E-L-A-X year or will it be the end of MM in GB? 

My guess is that the Packers will rebound to play some pretty good football down the stretch, but the slow starts and sloppy play has become a regular theme.  I do think the defense seems to be a bit more stout this season than the past few so perhaps the pack won't get blown out if they do make the playoffs this year.  As for McCarthy .. it's a tough call, but I think there comes a point where you've got to try and do something to move the organization forward.  The Packers seem to be spinning their wheels.  I think making the Mack deal might have helped move things forward.  The cost was high, but adding a hall of fame caliber guy in his prime would have been a step forward talent wise.  Our chances of finding that kind of talent with our draft picks is very small.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Do you have video evidence of AR not doing this with the younger guys?  I have a feeling a camera caught that because Mason stunk yesterday and wanted to see how he was taking it all.

There's actually a litany of accounts to support AR's somewhat stand-offish demeanor with younger players - especially receivers - who he barks at or ignores altogether.  It's ok - "emotional" leadership is not, and never has been, AR's strong suit.  Doesn't mean it's not needed on this team - quite the contrary.  It's needed more than ever now by someone.

Archived