Packers Lions Post Game

skibrett15

5 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Mac's use of Aron Jones goes back beyond this year. It's a no-brainer that he should be used more. You're reasoning that Williams was also at 6 yds/carry so using Jones more wouldn't have mattered it ridiculous. Jones is a much bigger home run threat. Hell, Barry Sanders averaged 5 yds/carry for his career. So I guess Williams is on par with him too, eh? 

And Mac does have a ton of flaws, which I've also pointed out. So get off the "only whining about Jones" argument.

Bottom line, Mac isn't getting the job done. He hasn't for a while. Time for a change. 

You're sounding like a broken spring............oh wait.

Trouble with a Slinky is that it starts on top -  but it's all downhill from there.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If "not getting the job done" 5 weeks in is a reason for firing, we should be axing 3/4's of our coaching staff and about 40 players.

A new coach isn't going to make grown football players not fumble or hold or grab a facemask. You Mac haters refuse to call out players or hold them responsible for simple responsibilities that a coach has no bearing on.

The entire product sucks right now. If we had a different coach, odds are it would still suck. The game is way more about locker room leadership than it is coaching. Way more pride in the craft is needed from our "leaders."

Wait, you think people who have issues with Mac is just basing it on THIS year??!

4 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Wait, you think people who have issues with Mac is just basing it on THIS year??!

No I'm pretty sure you've all probably been whining since the first time we didn't win a SB after 2010. Point still remains none of you shoulder any blame to players. You all completely over exaggerate what an NFL coach is responsible and don't hold players accountable for not performing duties that should come as 2nd nature to a professional football player.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If "not getting the job done" 5 weeks in is a reason for firing, we should be axing 3/4's of our coaching staff and about 40 players.

A new coach isn't going to make grown football players not fumble or hold or grab a facemask. You Mac haters refuse to call out players or hold them responsible for simple responsibilities that a coach has no bearing on.

The entire product sucks right now. If we had a different coach, odds are it would still suck. The game is way more about locker room leadership than it is coaching. Way more pride in the craft is needed from our "leaders."

Gospel truth!  Way more pride is needed, as is leadership from within.  It just isn't there.  Reggie White, Favre, Charles Woodsen - they provided that.  I'm just not seeing that emotional, charismatic leadership on this team that will pick them up, motivate them, challenge them, and inspire them like the aforementioned dudes did.  I had always thought early in his career that Clay would evolve into that guy.  Last year, Daniels seemed to be that guy.  Heck, at one point two years ago I even thought Clinton-Dix could be that guy.  

A strong, locker-room leader is really important to any club in just about any sport, and unless there's someone quietly serving this role for GB that we don't know about, it's not happening now and it shows. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No I'm pretty sure you've all probably been whining since the first time we didn't win a SB after 2010. Point still remains none of you shoulder any blame to players. You all completely over exaggerate what an NFL coach is responsible and don't hold players accountable for not performing duties that should come as 2nd nature to a professional football player.

When you have nothing else, make stuff up. Bravo. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Honestly at this point the issue is mainly the offense. Defense has shown marked improvement.

And the offense starts and ends with McCarthy and Rodgers. Both have been bad to terrible. They don’t focus on trying to establish a rhythm. May it be playcalling or holding onto the ball for shot plays when 4-5 yard gains are open underneath.

If this offense was consistent early on this team would be at least 3-2 if not 4-1. I blame those two for the slow start

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Honestly at this point the issue is mainly the offense. Defense has shown marked improvement.

And the offense starts and ends with McCarthy and Rodgers. Both have been bad to terrible. They don’t focus on trying to establish a rhythm. May it be playcalling or holding onto the ball for shot plays when 4-5 yard gains are open underneath.

If this offense was consistent early on this team would be at least 3-2 if not 4-1. I blame those two for the slow start

Consistent? What do you expect out of such a raw group. Rodgers hardly played during the preseason and hasnt practice much at all this seasons. 3 WR rookies, 2 new TEs, and young RBs. I think the only vets out there with experience is Adams, O-line, and Rodgers. Last week we had a lot of inexperienced players playing together with hardly any practice with Rodgers. Get behind right away how the **** do you expect the offense to get in rythem when they dont know what that is!?

You guys keep fighting the good fight. I've never seen bigger McCarthy apologists in my life. xD

Thankfully, people who aren't homers or even Packer fans, can see there's issues with Mac and his crap, vanilla scheme.

https://t.co/tIwKSLXsv3

Haven't actually seen a single person stand up and say Mac's been good this year. I'll say it right here, season ends today and I'd be in favor of Gute informing Mac he won't be coaching on that last year of his deal and he's going a different direction. I know just like the Ted bashers before that you have to funnel that white noise into your ears so you can feel like the special chosen prophet who is the only one who's been given the gift of seeing how to fix the Packers.

Meanwhile all of us here are waiting for you to actually provide a post with substance on how the product on the field is just Mac's fault, and post after post you fail to even come close.

You guys keep fighting the good fight. I've never seen bigger McCarthy apologists in my life. xD

Thankfully, people who aren't homers or even Packer fans, can see there's issues with Mac and his crap, vanilla scheme.

https://t.co/tIwKSLXsv3

Well, McCarthy is a highly successful NFL head coach ... just ask him ;)  I think it's time for a change .. our offense is stinking it up more than ever .. even after McCarthy fired a bunch of coaches and revamped the playbook.  It's still a mess on a regular basis.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Haven't actually seen a single person stand up and say Mac's been good this year. I'll say it right here, season ends today and I'd be in favor of Gute informing Mac he won't be coaching on that last year of his deal and he's going a different direction. I know just like the Ted bashers before that you have to funnel that white noise into your ears so you can feel like the special chosen prophet who is the only one who's been given the gift of seeing how to fix the Packers.

Meanwhile all of us here are waiting for you to actually provide a post with substance on how the product on the field is just Mac's fault, and post after post you fail to even come close.

It's not just Mac's fault ... and many of us think he's a quality head coach who just happens to be played out in GB.  He helped take this thing to the top of the mountain .. in 2010/11.  It's been a slow slide back to mediocrity since.  Time for a new approach in GB.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Current Coaches who I think are decidedly better than McCarthy:

Doug Pederson
Andy Reid
Bill Belichick
Dan Quinn
Doug Marrone
John Harbaugh
Kyle Shanahan
Mike Tomlin
Pete Carroll
Sean McDermott
Ron Rivera