Packers Lions Post Game

skibrett15

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Rodgers has never been that ra ra guy anyways. Defense could probably use a little more but I just don't think it's a big issue. You don't have to visually be a leader to be a good leader.

Agreed that Rodgers has never been that guy, that Favre-like ra-ra guy.  Who on this team is the emotional heart and sole then?  Who’s reminding them of their commitment to the team and to their identity?  Who’s instilling this identity?  We’re not embedded in their clubhouse, so it’s impossible to know for sure, but on many teams, that leadership is very evident, even to outsiders.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Agreed that Rodgers has never been that guy, that Favre-like ra-ra guy.  Who on this team is the emotional heart and sole then?  Who’s reminding them of their commitment to the team and to their identity?  Who’s instilling this identity?  We’re not embedded in their clubhouse, so it’s impossible to know for sure, but on many teams, that leadership is very evident, even to outsiders.

If I had to guess it's Mike Daniels

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

If I had to guess it's Mike Daniels

That’s my guess and my hope also, as I think he’s served this role in the past.  He’s been very quiet this year - in his play and his overall presence.  I hope after this weeek, he resumes that passionate leader role that’s currently missing.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'd tell you we probably handed a not-quite-completely-inept team 30 points on a platter via turnovers and missed kicks.

I wouldn’t call a team who beat both the Packers and the Patriots a “not-quite-completely-inept team”.  We looked much more inept than them today.  Why begrudge them for taking full advantage of our mistakes?  And yes, I fully expect to beat them later in the year in our house, but certainly not if we’re still this inept.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

I wouldn’t call a team who beat both the Packers and the Patriots a “not-quite-completely-inept team”.  We looked much more inept than them today.  Why begrudge them for taking full advantage of our mistakes?  And yes, I fully expect to beat them later in the year in our house, but certainly not if we’re still this inept.

They forced two turnovers and were gifted another by King. Packers got outplayed and most of the yardage gained was compiled in catch up mode in 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, Howler said:

They forced two turnovers and were gifted another by King. Packers got outplayed and most of the yardage gained was compiled in catch up mode in 2nd half.

Right.  The Lions got to Rodgers legit and stripped him of the ball legit.  I don’t loathe the Lions like I do the Vikings, but I don’t like them either.  But I’m not taking anything away from them today.  They created, we didn’t, and they took full advantage of their opportunities.  Sucks, but it’s a reality.

3 hours ago, Cheech said:

This is a problem.  

So is our inability to defend the skinny post inside the 10 yard line.  So is our inability to defend off-tackle runs.

The same problems keep rearing their ugly head every week.

Mac isn't a problem tho.

Aaron Jones isn't in the game because of pass pro.

Folks here are running out of excuses. I love it. 

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

We've now lost 2 of our easiest 3 road games on paper. Remaining road games are:

LA, NE, CHI, MIN, NYJ, SEA

Let's be optimistic and say we win out at home for a total of 7 home wins. That means we likely need 3 road wins to make the playoffs. Find me 3 wins out of those 6.

I honestly see maybe 2 wins, but one never knows....parity in the NFL and all. And to be fair, I don’t necessarily see the Vikes winning more than 10 games this season; unfortunately, it looks like a 9-6-1 at best. We should both be vying for the NFC North title (along with the da Bears). 

Archived