Who’s the worst team in football?

BayRaider

Who is the worst team in football?   

184 members have voted

1. 1. Worst team?

16 minutes ago, freeman+coleman said:

Falcons!

the falcons will score lots at home.  That should help win and remove from this contest. I would say the raiders, because they got lucky last week and could still be winless and without much of  a pass rush .  Ed Oliver to the Raiders? 

Bills played a pretty bad (record be damned) Titans team who did everything within human possibility to give us that game and still just barely won. We could make a deep ensuckening run if we trade Shady (which we should).

Though right now it's probably the Texans or Raiders but that'll probably change again next week.

10 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I would have said Cardinals, but now maybe 49ers due to injuries.  

Giants looked pretty bad last week as well.

Maybe Raiders, but I can't help but think they'll pull off a few wins.

The problem with the 49ers is that they hung tough with the Chargers last week, and thoroughly dominated the Cardinals today, even though they lost by double digits. How many games are you going to have 5 turnovers? Even using a back up that's not exactly common territory. So today feels more like an outlier that is slightly more typical with bad teams, but still an outlier. I really don't have an idea on just how bad the 49ers are at this point. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem with the 49ers is that they hung tough with the Chargers last week, and thoroughly dominated the Cardinals today, even though they lost by double digits. How many games are you going to have 5 turnovers? Even using a back up that's not exactly common territory. So today feels more like an outlier that is slightly more typical with bad teams, but still an outlier. I really don't have an idea on just how bad the 49ers are at this point. 

True, I haven't really watched them that much.  I just couldn't imagine them doing a lot with Jimmy G out.  

At week 3 or so I thought the Cardinals were easily the worst team in football, and that may still be true.

As much as i hate to say it, its the Raiders. We are the least talented team in the league.

On offense, we've got a 25 million dollar QB who plays like 10 mil QB, an underachieving $40 million dollar offensive line, and receivers who disappear and drop balls constantly.

We're the least talented D in the league completely devoid of any playmakers, generate no pass rush, and get torched in the secondary regularily.

Our 5th round punter is trash and we're on our 3rd kicker in 5 weeks.

I love my team but we are a dumpster fire right now.

It's weird. We're five weeks into the season and the Browns aren't in the discussion for being the worst team in the league. It's been years since we could say that's been the case. Although we did lose to a team that is in the discussion in the Oakland Raiders.

Anyway, I'm honestly not sure who I think is the worst team. I'd say you could make an argument for every team on the list, except I'd probably exclude Indianapolis, although they're still pretty bad. I'd maybe add Denver to that list. I mean, they just got destroyed by the Jets today. And their only two wins came at home vs. Seattle and Oakland in games where they just barely won. They should just roll with Chad Kelly and hope for the best.

San Francisco is in the discussion only because they lost their QB. Granted, Jimmy G wasn't playing great before the injury, and I didn't think they'd be particularly good this year with him, but he was enough to at least make them a somewhat mediocre team.

Its the 0-5 Raiders.

Oh, I forgot. The refs threw the game to Gruden with a BS fumble whistle and a bogus reversal that was completely unclear.

The Raiders had a chance to be really bad with Mack and their D is a horror without him.

The Buffalo News published something a while ago about defensive pressure rates this year.

• The Rams were first at 41%,
  • Philly was 2nd at 40%,
  • 24 teams had at least a 30% rate.
  • The 31st team had a 24.2% pressure rate
  • The Raiders were at 19.6%

44 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its the 0-5 Raiders.

Oh, I forgot. The refs threw the game to Gruden with a BS fumble whistle and a bogus reversal that was completely unclear.

The Raiders had a chance to be really bad with Mack and their D is a horror without him.

The Buffalo News published something a while ago about defensive pressure rates this year.

• Philly was 2nd at 40%,

I believe it. 

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

True, I haven't really watched them that much.  I just couldn't imagine them doing a lot with Jimmy G out.  

At week 3 or so I thought the Cardinals were easily the worst team in football, and that may still be true.

Well that's going to change... We are scheduled for 4 primetime games the next 5 weeks. One of those will be flexed out of SNF against the Rams... But next week is MNF in Green Bay. 

We are staring 1-7 in the face but could realistically end up winning three in a row after that considering we play the cards, raiders, then giants, all of whom are featured in this poll. 

Today we had:

447 yards of offense compared to 220 for the cards

33 first downs compared to 10

Time of possession was 40 minutes 

Yet we still lost by 10... Does.not.compute

46 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its the 0-5 Raiders.

• Philly was 2nd at 40%,

49ers had to be that 31st team 

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Its the 0-5 Raiders.

• Philly was 2nd at 40%,

Meh, it's hard to find a great pass rusher in this league.

Archived