We Found Our Man

Fatgerman

Watch this video and tell me this man is not a leader. Finally, we have our franchise QB. It makes everything else exponentially easier when you have that guy. Drafting is easier. FA's want to come play with him. We have better odds of attracting superior coaches. I'm thrilled!

@Fatgerman @Bonanza23 @MistaBohmbastic

It looks very very promising, and it is very very exciting, but having followed the game for a very long time... it is wise to not get too high and to not get too low, pump the breaks a little bit and give it some time... we're 5 games in.

History as a guide reminds us that we should stay even keel as:

1.) Many QBs have been horrendous to really bad out of the gate and ended up being elite and/or MVP candidate types (i.e., Jared Goff, Alex Smith, Matthew Stafford, Drew Brees, Eli Manning...etc)

2.) Many QBs have started out on fire out the gate, were anointed saviors/best in the game types and compared to HOFers only to have their play regress to average or become irrelevant for various periods of time for various reasons (Chad Pennington, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Daunte Culpepper, Blake Bortles, Dak Prescott, RG3, Andy Dalton-Dalton's trending back up, etc..)

3.) Some QBs start out well and maintain that level of play and even elevate it to elite stratosphere of Quarterbacking consider to be MVP or top 5 elite Quarterbacking (Carson Wentz, Philliip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, etc..)

The most important thing Baker is doing is winning.

He looks poised, accurate, and in complete control.

BUT... no matter how good it feels or how promising it looks history tells us that we should not get too high or get too low.

Enjoy the ride... and hope Baker keeps progressing and stays healthy...

His hand size and leader of men shall lead us to victory ....

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

2.) Many QBs have started out on fire out the gate, were anointed saviors/best in the game types and compared to HOFers only to have their play regress to average or become irrelevant for various periods of time for various reasons (Chad Pennington, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Daunte Culpepper, Blake Bortles, Dak Prescott, RG3, Andy Dalton-Dalton's trending back up, etc..)

I look at the names you mention, and I see something entirely different between Baker and these guys. 

I don't wanna dive too deep into this debate, because I know I have no hope of convincing you, but I do see your point. You're not wrong in regards to tempering expectations.

But I firmly believe he'll steadily progress upwards, undoubtedly facing some bumps in the road, but able to overcome them.

I’m glad many are seeing now what others saw in Baker pre draft.

I was definitely a Darnold fan, but was absolutely cool with Baker too (I liked Rosen too, but not for us).  Dude has a legit NFL skill set that was dismissed because of his college offense.  His arm is legit.  He makes wow throws.  He has very good pocket presence. He has the mentality needed to play against tough opponents and “slay the beast”. He makes others better.  He has great accuracy.

I think if any of this surprised me I might feel the need to temper my enthusiasm, wait and see, but he is playing how I expected. He isn't playing better than he did in college. This is him. He's doing what he's always done.

The throws, the movement and poise in the pocket, the accuracy, the will to score and win... These are all traits I saw in Oklahoma, which is why I bet my place on this forum back in December when I said: if Baker isn't the best QB in this draft 5 years from now, I'd accept any and all ridicule, and never post here again. I meant it. I stick by it! And I'm confident Baker won't let me down.

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I wanted Darnold soooooo bad. I trusted the front office to pick the right guy and I will always back whoever they pick. This guy just see,s to have been the right choice!!!!!!! 

I love love love the in game audio <3

Glad you weren’t at Jonestown, all about the kool aid.

I hated the draft.

i love it now.

Archived