We Found Our Man

Fatgerman

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I think if any of this surprised me I might feel the need to temper my enthusiasm, wait and see, but he is playing how I expected. He isn't playing better than he did in college. This is him. He's doing what he's always done.

Baker was my #1 too and the fact that he threw 60 mph at the combine gave me faith that the arm he displayed in college was legit. Still, until you see them in an NFL uniform there is always a bit of a scare no matter the QB. He didn't set the world on fire in the preseason but he showed that zip and accuracy which will allow him to be great and then I was pretty sure he would be average at worst. He plays even better with the ones, even if the drops are occurring like they aren't ones, his balls are almost always on time and on the money. If he never gets better we hit a homerun. I think he will get better at certain aspects, but he really can't do a whole lot more than he has done. I think tempo will be a little quicker eventually and he may be in the running for MVP.

Leadership abilities have also made the journey with him from college and the desire is strong.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Baker was my #1 too and the fact that he threw 60 mph at the combine gave me faith that the arm he displayed in college was legit. Still, until you see them in an NFL uniform there is always a bit of a scare no matter the QB. He didn't set the world on fire in the preseason but he showed that zip and accuracy which will allow him to be great and then I was pretty sure he would be average at worst. He plays even better with the ones, even if the drops are occurring like they aren't ones, his balls are almost always on time and on the money. If he never gets better we hit a homerun. I think he will get better at certain aspects, but he really can't do a whole lot more than he has done. I think tempo will be a little quicker eventually and he may be in the running for MVP.

Leadership abilities have also made the journey with him from college and the desire is strong.

In lockstep, broseph!

2 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Wait, she better not be trying to me-too our boy! 

Nah, I couldn't even find the story but I think her complaint was that he blocked her from twitter. Seemed like it was a TMZ type page but was like TMQ or something.

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

There is a rumor that he sent a video of himself jacking off to some insta models, or something like that.

I'm sure it was tasteful.

I mean, I know he wants to be Brett Favre and all, but doesn't he know that sending pics of his junk was not exactly Favre's proudest moment?

3 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I'm sure it was tasteful.

I mean, I know he wants to be Brett Favre, but doesn't he know that sending pics of his junk wasn't Favre's proudest moment?

True. 

Comes down to which filter, black and  white.... all class. 

We have a rookie who finally has a decent supporting cast around him. The Oakland game was just an outlier, but our defense has been very good. Baker doesn’t have to score a ton of points to keep up. He has to do just enough. Our run game also protects him.

12 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I look at the names you mention, and I see something entirely different between Baker and these guys. 

I don't wanna dive too deep into this debate, because I know I have no hope of convincing you, but I do see your point. You're not wrong in regards to tempering expectations.

But I firmly believe he'll steadily progress upwards, undoubtedly facing some bumps in the road, but able to overcome them.

I agree with you and also see something different in Baker than those QBs in that category, and I hope he's more in line with the QBs in that 3rd category, but indeed because of historical context I'm going to just stay in the present moment, enjoy the ride, and let it play out over time...

Archived