We Found Our Man

Fatgerman

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

@Mind Character I wasn’t calling you out exclusively bro. I just meant more your general point about Year 1, 2, 3 and other qb ‘struggles’.

More so I meant that in general it’s way too early, and I felt your post had a few elements in it that are perhaps a bit too early to declare in the grand scheme of things.

Got it.

Indeed, it's way too early to have certainty about anything good or bad...

When it comes to QBs everyone has the draft-redux early review, people feel good, and certain people are told to feel bad/wrong, but few are there to return to another review a few years later like:

1.) The Bortles, Jameis and Mariota early victory laps as if they were headed to top 5 elite QB heights only to give way to regression and fan disappointment.

2.) The Goff and Alex Smith are terrible type victory laps only to give way to surprise in their elite play.

But it is just fine and sensible to say things like "Things with Baker look very very promising and are exciting, but history tells us that ultimately we'll have to take a wait and see approach over multiple years before we'll know what exactly Baker is..."

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Got it.

Indeed, it's way too early to have certainty about anything good or bad...

When it comes to QBs everyone has the draft-redux early review, people feel good, and certain people are told to feel bad/wrong, but few are there to return to another review a few years later like:

1.) The Bortles, Jameis and Mariota early victory laps as if they were headed to top 5 elite QB heights only to give way to regression and fan disappointment.

2.) The Goff and Alex Smith are terrible type victory laps only to give way to surprise in their elite play.

But it is just fine and sensible to say things like "Things with Baker look very very promising and are exciting, but history tells us that ultimately we'll have to take a wait and see approach over multiple years before we'll know what exactly Baker is..."

I couldn’t agree more.

I’m sort of on that fine line between being super hyped and losing my mind just because we can actually win a game now, and at the same time trying to remain calm enough to see that we have only played a few games in what will hopefully be a career of hundreds of games for these guys.

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I still 100% believe in Rosen’s potential. Arizona simply sucks.

Yeah it’s not just about the player, but the position they’re drafted into.  People always seem to overlook that.

It’s the main reason I don’t regret the Wentz trade.  I have zero faith he’d have been the same dude with that atrocity of a roster around him.

Like some are saying we might need to pump our breaks on baker...

the only thing we need to be excited about is we have our starting QB for at least the next 4-5years. No more guessing who will be the starter, no more names to that damn jersey

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I couldn’t agree more.

I’m sort of on that fine line between being super hyped and losing my mind just because we can actually win a game now, and at the same time trying to remain calm enough to see that we have only played a few games in what will hopefully be a career of hundreds of games for these guys.

Good approach... i just hope we can enjoy this fun ride for at least 5 more games...

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV

2018 23 CLE qb 6 3 2 1-1-0 63 107 58.9 838 3 2.8 3 2.8 59 7.8 7.1 13.3 279.3 81.4 60.4 8 62 6.75 6.10 7.0 1 2  

Bakers career stats as of this week. 

2 game winning drives with 1 career win, magic. 

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

Like some are saying we might need to pump our breaks on baker...

the only thing we need to be excited about is we have our starting QB for at least the next 4-5years. No more guessing who will be the starter, no more names to that damn jersey

See, this is me. I am not saying he is the greatest of all time, I am saying he is the greatest in a long time for us lol.  

@Mind Character Excellent point about Darnold and Rosen three years from now. I'd give you a digital football if I wasn't out already. 

I know I preferred Darnold based on sheer upside. What we're seeing from him now is barely a fraction of his potential. It certainly will be fascinating to see how this class fares in the future years.

I remember pre-draft I was one of the people who justified the selection of Mayfield based on the fact that he could make the most immediate impact for a team that needs to win now. So you're point makes me wonder what the ceilings of these young QB's can be. I think with Baker, the most significant growth will be more consistency. He's flashing a ton, and he's incredibly intelligent on a football field. I'm so damn happy he's our QB too, but I've found myself wondering what truly could be down the line.

From the Raiders to the Ravens we saw growth from bake. 

Against a better defense he didn't commit a turnover that was solely on himself, the early int was on higgins imo.  

Hopefully we see an upturn in production next week against the Chargers. 

Archived