? Week 6: Bucs (2-2) @ Falcons (1-4)

Lil' Shorty

43 minutes ago, indifference said:

i hate that argument.. mark sanchez made the playoffs before. Leading your team to post season play doesn’t mean much. Epecially when you have more INTs than TDs in a season...

I think you need to watch the PFF comparison of winston and Mariota from last year and this year from the tape. 

I watched the titans game last week and his receivers dropped balls that were on a dime. 

Heres a question. Would you trade mike Evans for Taylor Lewan? 

49 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think you need to watch the PFF comparison of winston and Mariota from last year and this year from the tape. 

I watched the titans game last week and his receivers dropped balls that were on a dime. 

We have better WR's and they have a far better O-line and run game. Do you know how many INT's in Winston's career is from having no time to throw? I mean, ya he had some dumb ones where he stares the target down, but many also came from defenders getting in his face and having no time to throw. Watch our 2016 SNF game against the Cowboys for a prime example of this.

Also it's funny you say earlier in the thread you speak the unbiased truth. Dude you root for Mariota harder than Titans fans. Even Titan fans were hard on him last year. IDK about PFF stats but here are the general stats from both last year:

Winston: 282/442 3504yds, 19TD 11INT, 63% completion, 92.2 rating
Mariota: 281/453 3232 yards, 13TD 15INT, 62% completion, 79.2 rating

DAAAAAYYYYUUUUMMMM I CAN CLEARLY SEE MARIOTA JUST MURDERING WINSTON DAMN!

And what the stats fail to show is that Mariota is made out of glass, so there's that too

20 minutes ago, Calibucsfan said:

We have better WR's and they have a far better O-line and run game. Do you know how many INT's in Winston's career is from having no time to throw? I mean, ya he had some dumb ones where he stares the target down, but many also came from defenders getting in his face and having no time to throw. Watch our 2016 SNF game against the Cowboys for a prime example of this.

Also it's funny you say earlier in the thread you speak the unbiased truth. Dude you root for Mariota harder than Titans fans. Even Titan fans were hard on him last year. IDK about PFF stats but here are the general stats from both last year:

Winston: 282/442 3504yds, 19TD 11INT, 63% completion, 92.2 rating
Mariota: 281/453 3232 yards, 13TD 15INT, 62% completion, 79.2 rating

DAAAAAYYYYUUUUMMMM I CAN CLEARLY SEE MARIOTA JUST MURDERING WINSTON DAMN!

And what the stats fail to show is that Mariota is made out of glass, so there's that too

10 GW drives since last year. Playoff win. 

41 tds 0 INT in the red zone. 

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

OJ's sprained MCL still has me a little worried. Knee brace or not.

Hard to say, JPP injured his knee in the first half against the Saints.  Steelers played a lot of 2 TE against Atlanta last week, so I would assume a similar game plan.  I think Brate will get plenty of snaps with Jameis back.  Going to be an interesting game plan this week.  Best personnel group with Fitz was 1 TE and 3 WR.  Plenty of big plays, didn't exactly lead to protect the defense to see less of the field.  Pittsburgh runs 2 TEs sets and Connor has a big day and Atlanta s offense gets a reduced number of possessions. 

3 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yes. A franchise LT over a game breaking WR any day of the week. His wrs dropped passes thats not good for Mariota but so are his TD and INT ratio the past two seasons.  An area he was suppose to do better in winston in, he barley is better in. (Turnovers)

58 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Hard to say, JPP injured his knee in the first half against the Saints.  Steelers played a lot of 2 TE against Atlanta last week, so I would assume a similar game plan.  I think Brate will get plenty of snaps with Jameis back.  Going to be an interesting game plan this week.  Best personnel group with Fitz was 1 TE and 3 WR.  Plenty of big plays, didn't exactly lead to protect the defense to see less of the field.  Pittsburgh runs 2 TEs sets and Connor has a big day and Atlanta s offense gets a reduced number of possessions. 

We have Auclair who can contribute if Howard is limited/ can’t go. It’s a position of strength and we probably do need to use that personnel to get the running game going.

We should also be able to exploit the middle of that defence given the injuries they’ve got, so a lot of 2 TE sets and a lot of Evans in the slot is likely.

The right side of our line has been a car crash, so it will be interesting to see how we attempt to help Dotson in pass pro, or whether we continue to leave our worst two linemen on an island.

3 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

10 GW drives since last year. Playoff win. 

41 tds 0 INT in the red zone. 

That's so weak dude. Cmon that's just not cool

Of course you pivot to stats that carry no weight to this comparison.

By your logic, Drew Brees is kinda trash sometimes. I mean....the Saints failed to make playoffs in 2012,2014,2015, and 2016. He must have been trash those years

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

We have Auclair who can contribute if Howard is limited/ can’t go. It’s a position of strength and we probably do need to use that personnel to get the running game going.

We should also be able to exploit the middle of that defence given the injuries they’ve got, so a lot of 2 TE sets and a lot of Evans in the slot is likely.

The right side of our line has been a car crash, so it will be interesting to see how we attempt to help Dotson in pass pro, or whether we continue to leave our worst two linemen on an island.

That s why I m curious to see if the offense gets tweaked with Jameis back in,  With Fitz, the slot WR  was barely used, except for wheel routes and going deep.  I don t recall that many slant patterns called.  When running the ball if they can just keep the tackles for loss, I think they 'll be fine.  

Archived