Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Shorty

? Week 6: Bucs (2-2) @ Falcons (1-4)

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

Just looked at the offensive rankings. 11th Total, 31st in rushing, and 4th in passing. 

PPG ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

If winston was sacked 11 times and hit 9 you’d be complaining about his line. 

 

Mariota holds the ball too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Calibucsfan said:

I know defense is mega bad, but can we shift focus for a second just how bad Benenoch is???

I swear on one run play when we were in mid field I saw this dude get knocked back BEHIND Barber, and he was laying there like a dead animal. Barber had to shift juke and twist just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

But overall he all day he was so bad. He cannot run block so save his life. I think on the goal line play where we tried to run, then next play Winston threw that pick, I swear that is the same series that Benanoch got put on the ground and became an obstacle for Barber that greatly contributed to Barber failing to reach the endzone.

Benenoch is awful. Koetter deserves to get fired for this crap. Second year in a row he puts players who have no business starting out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

?

I think we’ve got to a weird stage with McCoy. He’s not a natural leader and historically he’s lacked self awareness.

Helping opposition players up, generally looking like he can’t be bothered and now dancing when the team is down in a game they have to win. I think we need to move on from him. We’ve never won with him and he’s been considered the best player on some of the worst defences in NFL history. We shouldn’t be worried about life after McCoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I think we’ve got to a weird stage with McCoy. He’s not a natural leader and historically he’s lacked self awareness.

Helping opposition players up, generally looking like he can’t be bothered and now dancing when the team is down in a game they have to win. I think we need to move on from him. We’ve never won with him and he’s been considered the best player on some of the worst defences in NFL history. We shouldn’t be worried about life after McCoy.

The problem with Gerald was he needed a bad cop to his good cop.  Both Brooks and Sapp were enforcers in the locker room and meeting rooms.  Gerald was thrust into a leadership due to his draft status and really he had no one to learn leadership at the pro level.  Hardy was the example for Sapp and Brooks.  

It s going to be hard to eat a 13 million cap hit for a 30 year old DT. DEs tend to age better then DTs.  He ll go in the Ring of Honor some day.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

?

Damn... glad he's saying what has to be said. McCoy has to go. That bs with him and Winston about who the leader was/is from a few years ago. McCoy should have been the alpha there and pulled rank until Winston had some games under his belt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like a great guy. Productive at times. Often injured and comes off as a little soft for a guy making that much money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Ayers rolled into town a few years ago it was a breath of fresh air. Again a new guy shows up and the room gravitated towards him as well. I was the def leader to have the bark Ayers did. Maybe JPP is that guy. Putting up numbers, works his tail off, and willing to say what needs to he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

When Ayers rolled into town a few years ago it was a breath of fresh air. Again a new guy shows up and the room gravitated towards him as well. I was the def leader to have the bark Ayers did. Maybe JPP is that guy. Putting up numbers, works his tail off, and willing to say what needs to he said.

I rather have JPP than McCoy anyday. He can rush the passer inside and out. Gerald doesn’t finish plays and his run play ability doesnt seem special anymore. Now with Vea and the league is pass first happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

?

Damn. I’m really starting to dig JPP. He’ll be around a few years and a Captain while he’s here. Production and leadership is there. McCoy will be gone after this year.

Defensive captains will be JPP and David and offensive captains will be Jameis and Mike.

Edited by Lil' Shorty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, indifference said:

I rather have JPP than McCoy anyday. He can rush the passer inside and out. Gerald doesn’t finish plays and his run play ability doesnt seem special anymore. Now with Vea and the league is pass first happy.

I couldn't believe they didn't let Vea rush on 3rd down.  Chicago was double teaming him and letting GMC singled.  If Vea can get double teams sending a 5th or even a 6th guy should be effective.  Gholston has no business being in any part of a nickel package over Vea, that is bad coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×