? Week 6: Bucs (2-2) @ Falcons (1-4)

Lil' Shorty

Bye week complete and the coaching staff firmly in place. It is what it is. Now let’s see how this team responds after an extended time to think about that Bears game.

Falcons can sling it and have plenty of weapons. I’m really not looking forward to that. We need Vea to line up at NT with McCoy at 3Tech with JPP and Curry wide. Hopefully Vea can bring some more pressure up the middle on Ryan and help our secondary.

Will Mike Smith make any kinds of changes with how he calls the game and uses Kwon and Lavonte?

Jameis Winston. It’s put up or shut up time dude. The defense is brutal and you’ve got plenty of weapons. Time to win some shootouts because that’s how we are gonna win games this year.

Ronald Jones. Give him touches. He is bound to break one and we need to have a running game. Some read option would be nice. Monken needs to get back to calling games like he did week 1 and 2.

Bucs will have plenty of injuries to over come, most notably on defense but being down OJ Howard will hurt. Hopefully he is back by week 7 or 8. 

In the end, Bucs 41 Falcons 38.

3 Jameis interceptions leads the falcons to 2-4 record. 

Also ronald Jones has no vision. He’s doomed as a RB. He couldn’t get on the field Bc he can’t learn the playbook. RB is supposed to be the position that rookies translate the easiest. Yet we keep taking dumb RBs 

Could be another shootout. Both defenses suck. It's a division game though, so it could also be a 13-10 slugfest. But that's a lot less likely.

I think we can get something going on offense in this one. We've gotta rebound after two bad losses. Just hope the defense can hold them to 30.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Their defense sucks too.

Which is why I think we have a chance. I just wanna see how we attempt to rebound and how Jameis plays. If he is as good as was advertised this preseason, then we could win some shootouts despise our horrid defense. If he struggles, then we’ll have a top 10 pick.

And R&P, I’m not buying into RoJo being stupid. I’m not saying he is the brightest guy around but if he’s a complete dummy we don’t draft him in the second round. He may never be a feature back but a 10-15 touch explosive option out the backfield would be leaps and bounds better than what we’ve gotten so far this year.

It s really hard to judge first year RBs under Koetter.  Freeman was behind an over the hill  Steohen Jackson.  His career didnt take off until Smith was fired.  I like Koetter, but his priority of RBs pass protection is first priority is short sighted.  Almost as short sighted as jettisoning Blount because he couldnt catch.  2 or 3 Super Bowl rings later it sure looks like Blount could play.

21 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It s really hard to judge first year RBs under Koetter.  Freeman was behind an over the hill  Steohen Jackson.  His career didnt take off until Smith was fired.  I like Koetter, but his priority of RBs pass protection is first priority is short sighted.  Almost as short sighted as jettisoning Blount because he couldnt catch.  2 or 3 Super Bowl rings later it sure looks like Blount could play.

It might have been the Rams yesterday, but I saw something that said they only had their RBs pass block on two plays. TWO.

Their offense is a mixture of short and long passes, where ours is mostly deep and medium. But there's a blueprint right there for how to utilize your RBs.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It might have been the Rams yesterday, but I saw something that said they only had their RBs pass block on two plays. TWO.

Their offense is a mixture of short and long passes, where ours is mostly deep and medium. But there's a blueprint right there for how to utilize your RBs.

It will be interesting to see how the insertion of Winston changes the offense.  I m okay with longer more sustained offense.  Keep the defense off the field.  How about DJax on a jet sweep or shovel pass like other teams do with speed.  I m not knocking the structure of the offense and I do wonder if the offense was tailored to Fitz s strengths with deep ball accuacy.  Not a knock on Fitz because he did his job very well, but there were nt a lot of attempts or completions when he had to drive the ball outside the hashes over 10 yards.  When Fitz threw outside the hashes it was only deep.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It will be interesting to see how the insertion of Winston changes the offense.  I m okay with longer more sustained offense.  Keep the defense off the field.  How about DJax on a jet sweep or shovel pass like other teams do with speed.  I m not knocking the structure of the offense and I do wonder if the offense was tailored to Fitz s strengths with deep ball accuacy.  Not a knock on Fitz because he did his job very well, but there were nt a lot of attempts or completions when he had to drive the ball outside the hashes over 10 yards.  When Fitz threw outside the hashes it was only deep.  

There are differences between Fitz and Jameis. The biggest is arm strength. Fitz hits the deep ball a lot better, but Jameis hits those intermediate throws with great drive and anticipation. Fitz just can't do that consistently.

Monken did a good job adjusting things to Fitz's strengths. Like you said, it'll be interesting to see what changes (if any) there are for Jameis.

Archived