? Week 6: Bucs (2-2) @ Falcons (1-4)

Lil' Shorty

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

All Jameis has to do is play the greatest season a QB has ever played. Simple as that.

Koetter was right, Jameis will be here longer then him.  Koetter only has himself to blame by not being able to field a competent defense.  5 games of decent defense and Mike Smith basically is Teflon.  Winston bad INT in red zone after a ****ty procedure on Auclair previous play, Winston is the problem.  Just silly.

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Who think Licht returns next season? Depending on that answer will determine coaching candidates and personnel.

We gave him an extension. He's brought in some good talent and his contracts have been good. Even his misses have been easy to get out of.

I like what he's done. He's assembled the most talented roster we've had since the Super Bowl. The talent is just on the other side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He 'll be gone.  Historically bad on one side of the ball no one survives.  He is not immune. 

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, but what IF ownership really thinks it’s coaching and not the players, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Licht did sign off on Koetter but did bring an offense to Tampa and Jameis has progressed..

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We gave him an extension. He's brought in some good talent and his contracts have been good. Even his misses have been easy to get out of.

I like what he's done. He's assembled the most talented roster we've had since the Super Bowl. The talent is just on the other side of the ball.

He’s got to do more with defensive personnel and he did pick Koetter. Has everything been 100% his doing and he is a real legit GM? Idk. Force Koetter to demote/fire Mike Smith and grab the reigns and maybe ownership would be more likely to keep him around. A trade for Peterson would be insane, but with Smith calling th defense it wouldn’t matter.

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, but what IF ownership really thinks it’s coaching and not the players, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Licht did sign off on Koetter but did bring an offense to Tampa and Jameis has progressed..

I m pretty sure Licht has the authority to fire Mike Smith at any time since the Saints last season. Reviewing all of his GM  responsibilities he gets hurt for having a below average defense for 5 years.

GMs typically don’t get to a third HC. I can’t see that being the case with Licht either.

If Koetter goes, Licht goes. 

The only way Koetter saves himself is by not subjecting this fan base to another 11 games of the Mike Smith experience.

1 minute ago, Lil' Shorty said:

He’s got to do more with defensive personnel and he did pick Koetter. Has everything been 100% his doing and he is a real legit GM? Idk. Force Koetter to demote/fire Mike Smith and grab the reigns and maybe ownership would be more likely to keep him around. A trade for Peterson would be insane, but with Smith calling th defense it wouldn’t matter.

Like I said earlier, he's spent first and second round picks on DE, DT, CB x3, and safety. He traded for JPP out of nowhere. He's been trying. And all those moves are made with input from Smitty and our defensive coaches. Licht doesn't coach and call plays.

If we fire him, I don't care. But I think he's done an alright job.

7 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

GMs typically don’t get to a third HC. I can’t see that being the case with Licht either.

If Koetter goes, Licht goes. 

The only way Koetter saves himself is by not subjecting this fan base to another 11 games of the Mike Smith experience.

It really is ashame because if Koetter could field an average defense he would be setting himself up with security.  An offense that can score 27+ with 2 different QBs is impressive, but his woeful scoring defense is inexcusable.  Even if they had an average red zone defense, team is 3-1. Alas, he is the head coach, the question is what about Monken. He won't get a HC job if the team has a losing record, but he could survive with a defensive minded head coach hire.

So barring Koetter doing the unthinkable and Firing Mike Smith, good chance the House is cleaned. Who do you like for GM and HC? My pops is an Eagles fan and likes Joe Douglas but wonders if he is a true GM (excellent personnel guy tho). What about Reggie McKenzie? He’s gonna be gone? 

Whatever we do I hope we bring a coach in who keeps this offense moving and gives us a 15th ranked defense...

Archived