? Week 6: Bucs (2-2) @ Falcons (1-4)

Lil' Shorty

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

That s why I m curious to see if the offense gets tweaked with Jameis back in,  With Fitz, the slot WR  was barely used, except for wheel routes and going deep.  I don t recall that many slant patterns called.  When running the ball if they can just keep the tackles for loss, I think they 'll be fine.  

We're middle of the pack in terms of runs that gain no yards or lose yards. But we average like four or five such runs every game. Gotta clean that up.

Part of cleaning that up is when we run. Monken has done a great job of passing on first down. But weeks one and two, when we had a lead and the run was obvious to even casual fans, we ran it anyway. And lost a lot of yards. That can't happen. The reason Pederson and McVay get so much love is their willingness to say '**** it' and throw the ball. We need to adapt more of that. Play more to win than playing not to lose.

But the hole at RG has been obvious. Which is weird because you can usually hide something like that. I think the rotation needs to stop. There's so much nuance to blocking that one guy needs to play the whole time and get a better feel for hand placement and tendencies from DTs. We can't continue to split series and expect mediocre guys to figure out what's going on. It would also help Dot a ton.

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

Neither of them are explosive in the open field. Comparing this to what Kamara and Mcafrey who are explosive receivers out of the backfield and can split out in the slot is absolutely atrocious. 

But those two are on a different level. The reason you brought those two up is because those are the only two RBs that can do it. 

Not a good comparison. That's like complaining about Jameis not playing like prime Brady or Manning.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

But those two are on a different level. The reason you brought those two up is because those are the only two RBs that can do it. 

Not a good comparison. That's like complaining about Jameis not playing like prime Brady or Manning.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Unfortunately we don't throw to our RBs anymore. Don't know why.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Please see why I referenced those two. 

4 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Please see why I referenced those two. 

James Conner is on pace to catch 80 passes this season for the Steelers. Nobody considers him a great threat in the slot.

Not being the best receiving RB in the league doesn't mean you can't catch passes.

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

James Conner is on pace to catch 80 passes this season for the Steelers. Nobody considers him a great threat in the slot.

Not being the best receiving RB in the league doesn't mean you can't catch passes.

Again please see why I referenced them. 

Winston barely utilizes his check down anyways. 

If Rodgers were cut today he wouldn’t make a roster. Jones can’t catch consistently and Barber is inconsistent.

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

This isn't Madden. 75+% of the league is average/below average guys. If everyone was great at what they do, we wouldn't need the draft every year.

NO **** Sherlock what as your first clue? I think it irritates you all that I talk from a non Bucs homerism perspective. 

I mean it’s ok to criticize my opinions, whatever. But look at the Bucs results. It’s not like I’m heavily criticizing a winning organization 

I agree we should be doing things like throwing fo backs etc. but look who we have at RB...

look at our qbs. I’ve seen fitz hit the check down minimal when the play is not there. Winston even less than that in the past. Qbs take responsibility too. 

With koetter and staff coaching for their jobs you don’t think they’re not adjusting? That’s what baffles me. Because I see other players in this league succeeding at positions in the draft we needed and passed on. 

I put a lot of the blame on Jason Licht. Again RB, DL, kicker (lol) and secondary he continued to ignore and fail at drafting. 

Back to back draft classes had considerably the deepest RB class and he screwed it up. 

2016 has a deep DL class and he screwed it up. 

Archived