? Week 6: Bucs (2-2) @ Falcons (1-4)

Lil' Shorty

4 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Again please see why I referenced them. 

Winston barely utilizes his check down anyways. 

If Rodgers were cut today he wouldn’t make a roster. Jones can’t catch consistently and Barber is inconsistent.

Winston never got checkdowns in Koetter's offense. Monken utilizes them a lot more.

And, yeah. Quizz, like Sims, would probably be out of work of he wasn't on our team. But that doesn't mean he can't catch the ball and pick up yards. And we're not doing it for whatever reason.

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Winston never got checkdowns in Koetter's offense. Monken utilizes them a lot more.

And, yeah. Quizz, like Sims, would probably be out of work of he wasn't on our team. But that doesn't mean he can't catch the ball and pick up yards. And we're not doing it for whatever reason.

If it’s a coaches thing then he didn’t do much wirh fitz either throwing to the back or was it fitz 

17 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

If it’s a coaches thing then he didn’t do much wirh fitz either throwing to the back or was it fitz 

Not all checkdowns are to RBs. TEs with late releases or TEs/WRs running short routes and moving with the QB are also forms of checkdowns.

42 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I liked monkens approach to pass to open up the run the first two weeks or so. He got away with that in Chicago and Pittsburgh. 

Giving up 30 and 40 points in the first half of those games kinda dictated what we had to do on offense.

But, yeah. I like that we've come out throwing the ball and tried sneaking in runs instead of the other way around.

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Giving up 30 and 40 points in the first half of those games kinda dictated what we had to do on offense.

But, yeah. I like that we've come out throwing the ball and tried sneaking in runs instead of the other way around.

I think Koetter and Monken aren't really happy with the results running the ball in the red zone, and they shouldn't be.  This has been a problem for a couple of years.  For as epic as Fitz s performance was, the red zone efficiency really hasn't improved that much.  Not an indictment on the QB, just the offense is missing that element.  Going forward, they are going to have to be better in the red zone because getting TDs from 30 yards out or greater isn't sustainable.

IIRC, 2nd half against Pittsburgh.  1st goal from the 5.  Barber run for about 3 yards.  2nd and 3rd down incomplete passes FG.  Lose game by 3.  A lot more to that loss then just that series, but underscores TDs over FGs especially when you get within 10 yrs of the end zone.

Archived