TankWilliams

PC Gaming Rebooted

Steam summer sale starts tomorrow, what do you have hopes and dreams for? I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the Nancy Drew games. They went on sale for ~$2/per last winter so hoping for the same thing this time around. 

Edited by skywindO2

14 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Steam summer sale starts tomorrow, any you have hopes and dreams for? I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the Nancy Drew games. They went on sale for ~$2/per last winter so hoping for the same thing this time around. 

Its a pipe dream but I'm hoping for a good price on Far Cry 5.  Its probably too soon to hope for it to hit 30 bucks or below, but if it does I'll certainly buy it.

Steam Link on sale for $2.50. That might actually be one of the greatest bargains in tech history.

It's not good for most multiplayer games, but outstanding for most single player stuff, especially for couch games. More importantly, think of it as more of an HDMI cable. Do you want to stream your PC (not just Steam stuff, ANYTHING from your screen) over to a TV that's too far, in another room, on another floor? This is it. People who play emulators, this is easily your best option, anything else is worse and more expensive. And it's literally cheaper than an actual HDMI cable lol.

17 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Steam Link on sale for $2.50. That might actually be one of the greatest bargains in tech history.

It's not good for most multiplayer games, but outstanding for most single player stuff, especially for couch games. More importantly, think of it as more of an HDMI cable. Do you want to stream your PC (not just Steam stuff, ANYTHING from your screen) over to a TV that's too far, in another room, on another floor? This is it. People who play emulators, this is easily your best option, anything else is worse and more expensive. And it's literally cheaper than an actual HDMI cable lol.

Do I need anything else or just the Steam Link?  How does it connect to the PC?

EDIT: Never mind, used the Google and found out.  Thanks for posting, I was wanting to play Fallout in my living room the other day, glad to pay essentially nothing for a solution.  

Edited by flyers0909

On 6/20/2018 at 8:18 PM, skywindO2 said:

Steam summer sale starts tomorrow, what do you have hopes and dreams for? I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the Nancy Drew games. They went on sale for ~$2/per last winter so hoping for the same thing this time around. 

The holy time is upon us.

Ironically, there isn't much I really want that is significant discounted. Maybe Sniper Elite 4.

17 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Note that the shipping makes it $10 and gamestop sells it for the same price if you can get it for pickup at your local Gamestop.

Damn, 2.50 is great.  Got mine for 15 bucks last summer.  I seldom use it tbh, though I would like to start using it more, just haven't had much time lately.  Even on wireless in an average network, I've found very little latency in my short testing of it.