PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

17 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Maybe you like big cases or need room for a bunch of drives, but I would highly recommend the ITX case I used:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M2UKGSM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Super easy to work with and has fantastic ventilation. 

I'd definitely consider it but right now I have a slightly childish desire to have a case with a window and fancy RGB lighting, or at least the ability to add them later. 

Upgraded my ram the other day from 16gigs of 2400 mhz(ddr4) to 32 gigs of 3200mhz. My build as of now is an i7 8700k, 1080, 32 gigs of ram, 240gb sata ssd+1 tb hdd. Thinking about upgrading to a bigger SSD and going NVME. Might also end up looking at a GPU upgrade in the near future. 1080 still handles everything just fine, but seeing the 12 gigs of vram for optimal performance on RE2 Remake with max settings makes me wonder how much longer that's gonna be the case(though worth noting I still tried it on max settings and still got 115+ fps, so maybe their asking for 12 gigs of vram is just overkill..but the demo stays indoors and has no real graphics-intensive scenes).

On 1/9/2019 at 9:49 AM, skywindO2 said:

I'd definitely consider it but right now I have a slightly childish desire to have a case with a window and fancy RGB lighting, or at least the ability to add them later. 

That case I use has a window you can put on the top or either side, and then I have RGB built into my motherboard

• 2 weeks later...

Man I got so lucky. Wife splurged and got me an ASUS 144hz monitor for christmas with the freesync. No more than a week later NVIDIA released that announcement about the driver update that would now offer Gsync support on Freesync monitors. Just so happens one of the 12 monitors they certified was one of the ones I got. Holy ****, what a difference it makes. Not $300 difference to justify buying a GSync monitor, but heads up to yall that have been interested in gsync but never been willing to shell out the $500+ for a gsync monitor.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:56 PM, TitanLegend said:

Upgraded my ram the other day from 16gigs of 2400 mhz(ddr4) to 32 gigs of 3200mhz. My build as of now is an i7 8700k, 1080, 32 gigs of ram, 240gb sata ssd+1 tb hdd. Thinking about upgrading to a bigger SSD and going NVME. Might also end up looking at a GPU upgrade in the near future. 1080 still handles everything just fine, but seeing the 12 gigs of vram for optimal performance on RE2 Remake with max settings makes me wonder how much longer that's gonna be the case(though worth noting I still tried it on max settings and still got 115+ fps, so maybe their asking for 12 gigs of vram is just overkill..but the demo stays indoors and has no real graphics-intensive scenes).

Let me know if you ever do that, I need an upgrade from my 1050ti :ph34r:

• 4 months later...
28 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

AMD announced all the details for the next gen Ryzen CPUs. It's hard to imagine anyone looking to build a PC in the near future choosing Intel over AMD right now. 

Lol I was wondering what you meant. I've been meaning to upgrade since my PC is about 4 years old right now.

I thought the threadripper was completely BS when I first saw the benchmark tests compared with the prices. Then I was like oh sh!t.

• 6 months later...