PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 12:42 PM, TankWilliams said:

Don't remember what its called, but another card game but this one is based on Dota, so its definitely going to be game-changing.  All while letting the best game series of all time die.

IIRC it's called "Artifact" and as a huge DotA fan for the last 10 years, I have very little interest.

• 1 month later...

The Autumn steam sale is live now. Some good games on sale right now.

Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus is on sale for $40 including the season pass. That's a steal for a game that only came out a month ago. 

Shadow of War on sale for $35 bucks. I'll probably wait until the winter sale to pick this up. 

Nier: Automata on sale for $35. One of the best stories in all of gaming.

Witcher 3 $20

Doom $15

Stardew valley $10

Hollow Knight $10

Faster than Light $2.50

plenty of other games those are just some of my favorites from recently.

Edited by Geek

I just realized this topic exists, so I'd like to pimp a great game I've been playing for a few years now and think it should be more widely known than it is:

Mechwarrior: Living Legends 

It is a total conversion mod for Crysis Wars (you don't actually need the game to play it though), set in the Battletech sci-fi universe. The game features a combined arms warfare, with the characteristic assets of the Battletech universe: 'Mechs, various vehicles, aerospace fighters, VTOLs and battlearmors. It's completely free and the lovechild of a bunch BT enthusiasts, who maintain it and keep the development going. The learning curve may be steep, but the gameplay is awesome and there are a lot of gamestyles to exploit and enjoy because of the above mentioned combined arms aspect.

The release trailer of the latest version can be found here (the numbering got borked in the video title); some random videos (featurnig yours truly somewhere :)) from organized events and pub matches; and a lengthy video about the project's history for those interested.

Jump in if you like stompy 'bots and whatnot.

Edited by LD696

I just revisited tue Broodwar Campaign and it's such a wake up call. 

When I was young, my strategy was always to just bunker up and mass the strongest unit. It works, but it feels a bit like a rookie move. Im older and understand the game better. Except I cant execeute the more pro style and I take the same amount of time to win lol.