PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

1 minute ago, rob_shadows said:

Steam also has it's own controller but I've never tried it so I can't comment on how good or bad it is.

Yeah, don't know much about them.

Only issue with XBox controllers is I cant find many new ones, and the ones I can find are pretty overpriced.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah, don't know much about them.

Only issue with XBox controllers is I cant find many new ones, and the ones I can find are pretty overpriced.

Yeah unfortunately controllers keep going up in price, these days both the Xbox one controller and the dualshock 4 are typically 60+ for a new one. 

• Like 1

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Yeah unfortunately controllers keep going up in price, these days both the Xbox one controller and the dualshock 4 are typically 60+ for a new one. 

Thats pathetic.

I might just trying a 3rd party contoller.

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Thats pathetic.

You have a PS4 right? Could just try your PS4 controller first to see how you like it. 

In my experience using it on steam it typically works fine but occasionally with some games you might have to manually set the controls.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

You have a PS4 right? Could just try your PS4 controller first to see how you like it. 

In my experience using it on steam it typically works fine but occasionally with some games you might have to manually set the controls.

Yeah...might try that.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Thats pathetic.

I'd give anything from Logitech a try. It's never high quality but never super low quality either in my experience. I'm pretty sure they make a PC controller. 

If you do have a PS4, has worked just fine as plug and play. The only "issue" I've had is that sometimes the on screen button hints or whatever you want to call them in game will show Xbox controller buttons instead of PS buttons but I think most of us here are experienced enough gamers that it's not really a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I'd give anything from Logitech a try. It's never high quality but never super low quality either in my experience. I'm pretty sure they make a PC controller. 

If you do have a PS4, has worked just fine as plug and play. The only "issue" I've had is that sometimes the on screen button hints or whatever you want to call them in game will show Xbox controller buttons instead of PS buttons but I think most of us here are experienced enough gamers that it's not really a problem.

Logitech is definitely solid.

I think I will try Dual Shock.  Its what Im used to.

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I got my CPU, GPU, motherboard and RAM yesterday.

I should get most of my other stuff early next week.   

Hopefully next weekend I can put it all together. B|

Good luck and never forget to ground yourself. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

^^ The Verge made a great video about PC construction if you need any tips

Yep.    Hoping I have a swiss army knife with a screwdriver on it.