PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

@FourThreeMafia

How much did your build cost? I've been thinking about getting into PC gaming, but I'm also not trying to spend thousands of dollars considering I don't play everyday.

If you factor in shipping costs and warranties, it was about $1000 for the necessities.   Thats not including peripherals like keyboard, mouse or monitor.  Also doesnt include a chassis since I reused my old one. 

You can give www.pcpartpicker.com a look to build the computer right for you.  It will link you to the best deals, too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, animaltested said:

When building a PC, don't forget the most important thing ; RGB.

Red for performance

Blue for cooling

Green for Eco.

AMD.

Intel.

Nvidia.

Don't forget to hook up your GPU to your heater to save on the heating bill. 

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I got Civilization VI for free on Epic Games.   

Never played a Civilization game, but always wanted to try it.

Not sure when I will get into it, though.

Thanks for the heads up! I've always wanted to try a Civ game too. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, skywindO2 said:

This is how PC gamers end up with a library of 200+ games with 0 minutes played. 

Had to quote this because I am starting to become a PC game hoarder.   

I keep finding great deals on games I want to play, and I become like Gollum from LOtR....

smeagol-my-precious-funny-shoes.jpg?w=30

Not like I have a ton of games.   I fully plan on playing every one Ive gotten thus far, but at this rate I will have 50 games or so by the end of the year, several of which I may never play.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Had to quote this because I am starting to become a PC game hoarder.   

I keep finding great deals on games I want to play, and I become like Gollum from LOtR....

smeagol-my-precious-funny-shoes.jpg?w=30

Not like I have a ton of games.   I fully plan on playing every one Ive gotten thus far, but at this rate I will have 50 games or so by the end of the year, several of which I may never play.

Fun fact Gollum is getting a stealth RPG for next gen consoles from WB because why not I guess.

Also hoarding means you have a problem. I plan to play all of these games at some point.

in theory.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Fun fact Gollum is getting a stealth RPG for next gen consoles from WB because why not I guess.

Also hoarding means you have a problem. I plan to play all of these games at some point.

in theory.

Gollum stealth RPG?    Thats...odd.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Gollum stealth RPG?    Thats...odd.

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/damien-cox/daedalic-entertainment-is-working-on-a-gollum-focused-lord-of-the-rings-game/

I take it back it's not from WB.

"Film rights now lie with Warner Bros. as the company continues to produce its Middle-earth: Shadow games, which are the loosest of adaptations. Other companies are allowed to license video game rights from Middle-earth Enterprises, which has led to Daedelic’s foray with Gollum, the traitorous character in Middle-earth stories whose sanity was gradually warped by the influence of the eponymous Ring."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daedalic_Entertainment It's from the deponia devs weirdly enough. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...