PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

Just now, packerrfan74 said:

I'm completely new to this. My drivers are installed but I haven't touched Nvidia settings. Anything specific I should be looking for there?

Just check resolution, and make sure the monitor is set to the right refresh rate.

Past that, if you are having performance issues I know there are settings you can mess with to help, but idk what they are. A google search should help.

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

I got it working.My buddy had a USB with Java, Adobe, DirectX, etc.. for all the things I would need. There ended up being a lot more on the USB then I think he thought and my CPU was being weird so I did a reset where it wipes everything but windows. Upon reboot, yes the first couple of times I was an idiot and didnt fully update windows which is what was causing the issue. So the drivers are now installed and running games. My FPS is good (140-180) but its almost like stuttering. Do you know what could be causing this?

Hmm, its common with high FPS on a low refresh rate monitor to get a "screen tearing" effect that makes it looks like the images aren't lining up properly, but that varies from game to game from what I have experienced.  is that what you are referring to?

On 1/29/2018 at 1:18 PM, TankWilliams said:

Hmm, its common with high FPS on a low refresh rate monitor to get a "screen tearing" effect that makes it looks like the images aren't lining up properly, but that varies from game to game from what I have experienced.  is that what you are referring to?

Found the problem and everything is running perfectly now.  I was concerned it was the video card so I plugged my hdmi directly into my motherboard to see if it would clean up a font issue I was having. Sure enough, my mobo can't even detect an input. Something went wrong with the mobo driver installation. We're up and running gloriously now though. Good to be on PC. My xbox will be collecting dust for a while

15 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Put all my trading cards up for sale and I've made a little over $3 for my steam wallet so far. 

If you play any games that deal with in game tradeable cosmetics there is a great site called GameFlip. I sold all my Xbox RL items on there for about $200 and am now using that to load up my steam library.

On 2/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, skywindO2 said:

Put all my trading cards up for sale and I've made a little over $3 for my steam wallet so far. 

I used a card idler for like a month ages back, I think I ended up with over 50ish dollars after they finally all sold. I couldn't believe it.

Edited by NormSizedMidget

16 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Any of you guys play/played guild wars 2? I'm trying the free base game now and enjoying it a bit so far.

I played the original a super long time ago.  I remember it being marketed as MMO without monthly fees. Was't exactly a true MMO, but it was pretty good. Never really got into it hardcore.

On 2/9/2018 at 12:05 PM, coors said:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151&urlLangId=&catEntryId=1733653&quantity=1

You guys know of a laptop that would be better than this one in the same price range to run some games? Hell of a price for a laptop with a gfx card and 8gig ram

I'd recommend Eluktronics. I got a beast of a laptop built by them for a really good price.