PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

If you were only able to have $60 worth of games in your steam library, which game/s would you buy?

I'd wait for a deal for Stellaris with the expansions and get that... Even if it took the whole 60... Which it would.

Seriously I play that game way too much...I just got into it this year, bought it the last week of February and already have 350 hours played...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'd wait for a deal for Stellaris with the expansions and get that... Even if it took the whole 60... Which it would.

Seriously I play that game way too much...I just got into it this year, bought it the last week of February and already have 350 hours played...

I've always enjoyed space based games. I'm watching some videos and it looks interesting. How much actual space exploration do you control from your ship? Or is it strictly strategy based with cut scenes?

4 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

I've always enjoyed space based games. I'm watching some videos and it looks interesting. How much actual space exploration do you control from your ship? Or is it strictly strategy based with cut scenes?

It's a 4x/Grand strategy hybrid so while you do send your science ships out to survey systems you don't actually manually go through and explore. You can zoom in within the systems and watch the ship do their thing if you really want but you'll be too busy doing a lot of other stuff simultaneously to actually do so tbh, except for at the very start of a game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 10:14 PM, rob_shadows said:

Stellaris plus certain mods make it one of the most addicting strategy games I have ever played aside from Rome Total War, Crusader Kings 2, and Warband.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else here use Rainmeter for their UI?  I've been using spectrum v2 as my launcher for a while now it's really smooth and looks great. Plus it helps keep my desktop uncluttered. Anyways I just combined it with a wallpaper engine video wallpaper and it looks absolutely stunning. Plus there really isn't any major performance loss on my system. It's pretty amazing.