PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

On 5/19/2018 at 10:10 PM, Geek said:

Does anyone else here use Rainmeter for their UI?  I've been using spectrum v2 as my launcher for a while now it's really smooth and looks great. Plus it helps keep my desktop uncluttered. Anyways I just combined it with a wallpaper engine video wallpaper and it looks absolutely stunning. Plus there really isn't any major performance loss on my system. It's pretty amazing. 

I've dabbled in this stuff in the past. My Windows partition now looks as vanilla as vanilla can get.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:03 PM, Darth Pees said:

Rainbow Six had 115,000 viewers yesterday for the playoff finals. Pretty legit considering how when this game launched it was basically completely unknown despite being developed by Ubisoft with the Tom Clancy title.

Amazing turnaround by Ubisoft. I picked up the basic edition over Christmas. Steep learning curve, but it's been fun. You really do need to find some players to play with regularly. Get on Discord and start making some online friends.

But between the core gameplay and the Season system, it's been a lot o fun.

43 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Amazing turnaround by Ubisoft. I picked up the basic edition over Christmas. Steep learning curve, but it's been fun. You really do need to find some players to play with regularly. Get on Discord and start making some online friends.

But between the core gameplay and the Season system, it's been a lot o fun.

We've come a long way since the dark days of Operation Health.

8 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

We've come a long way since the dark days of Operation Health.

I'll take your word for it. I came in during White Noise. I look at old videos with Bandit and Jaeger having ACOGs and I'm like, how did you even get from the spawn to the obj without getting headshot.

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I'll take your word for it. I came in during White Noise. I look at old videos with Bandit and Jaeger having ACOGs and I'm like, how did you even get from the spawn to the obj without getting headshot.

Operation Health was supposed to fix all the glitches and netcode issues. It ended up making things worse, which was then resolved with the following season updates.

Jager and Bandit were cancer with their ACOGs. Same thing with Smoke ACOG on the SMG12.

18 hours ago, Slateman said:

It's amazing to me how simple adjustments can totally change the way the game is played and the enjoyment.

Case in point, I lived in the TTS when Blitz suddenly got a speed boost. It was amazing. And terrifying.

And Blitz still is terrifying. I have no idea how they haven't nerfed him back yet.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

And Blitz still is terrifying. I have no idea how they haven't nerfed him back yet.

Honestly, the solution to the terrifying Blitz is for Ubi to adjust nitro throws. I don't understand why I can launch my drone 60 yards across the map, but my nitro throw goes all of 5 feet.

Just now, Slateman said:

Honestly, the solution to the terrifying Blitz is for Ubi to adjust nitro throws. I don't understand why I can launch my drone 60 yards across the map, but my nitro throw goes all of 5 feet.

I don't understand why Blitz has to have the flash mechanism when he can now sprint at you without lowering his shield. IMO either keep him as a 2-speed without the sprint ability, or keep the sprint ability but remove the flash.

5 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I don't understand why Blitz has to have the flash mechanism when he can now sprint at you without lowering his shield. IMO either keep him as a 2-speed without the sprint ability, or keep the sprint ability but remove the flash.

With the modification of the one speed operators, I wouldn't disagree. I just don't think Blitz is really as difficult to deal with as people believe. He's like a shotgun, distance is your friend. Between that and his shoulder hanging out, he can be dealt with.

I just don't understand how I'm Tom Brady with the drone, but suddenly John Wall with a 3lb block plastique.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

With the modification of the one speed operators, I wouldn't disagree. I just don't think Blitz is really as difficult to deal with as people believe. He's like a shotgun, distance is your friend. Between that and his shoulder hanging out, he can be dealt with.

The problem is a lot of maps don't have ways you can create distance since there's a lot of short corners, small corridors, etc.

Once he closes that gap on you with his sprint + being a 1.5 speed anyways, it's pretty much over.

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Just another reason Apple is a pos company tbh, I don't use any of their products and never will.

I still laugh when people defend Apple as a great company. Not only are they monopolegotisctical but force people into conditions that are comparable to hell to some that they start committing suicide.