5700 XT

i5 10400 10th gen

16 ddr4 3200 ram

Z490 Gigabyte motherboard 

500 GB ssd samsug 860 evo

1TB hard drive

spent around 1k on it what yall think??

No RGB, or fancy case just 50 for a full size basic case

Congratulations on your first build! And specs look solid to me. You should have a fun time with it.

I just sold my current PC to a family member and just bought the parts to make me a new rig. Just waiting for my case to come in on Monday that I order last Thursday. Am happy to say I grabbed a 3060 Ti on launch as well.

• Like 1

Im trying to help my boss buy PC parts because his son wants to build a gaming rig.

I tried explaining to my boss that, whatever he gets, he is going to be paying alot more right now due to Covid and the holidays.   I wanted to suggest the Ryzen 5 3600, but its $150 more expensive than it was when I got it.    You can find the 2600 for the MSRP....but its one of the few CPUs you can.     Most GPUs are crazy overpriced right now too.

The rig I suggested for his son was about $1100 (before taxes, warranties, etc...), but I told him he is likely paying $250-300 more than he would when there was a decent stock available.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Yeah, now is a terrible time to buy parts. Between Covid and everyone wanting PSUs, GPUs and CPUs, everything sucks. Should see some stability in late January I'd say.

I forget if it was Nvidia or AMD, but they said to expect at least several more months of short supply. I'd honestly expect it to last until spring or even summer unfortunately.

5 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

I forget if it was Nvidia or AMD, but they said to expect at least several more months of short supply. I'd honestly expect it to last until spring or even summer unfortunately.

It was Nvidia, but I think they're just trying to settle folks down. I think you'll see some decent inventory beginning of year. It won't be normal, but it won't be the complete frenzy we're seeing now.

Really wanted to have my new PC ready to go for Cyberpunk but I guess that's the case with a lot of people right now.  Planning on a 5900x/3080 but haven't been able to get lucky yet.  My current PC should be able to run the game on Thursday but hoping I can get lucky with the Newegg drops this week. 

On 12/6/2020 at 1:40 AM, flyers0909 said:

Really wanted to have my new PC ready to go for Cyberpunk but I guess that's the case with a lot of people right now.  Planning on a 5900x/3080 but haven't been able to get lucky yet.  My current PC should be able to run the game on Thursday but hoping I can get lucky with the Newegg drops this week. 

You gotta watch the bot streams or you pretty much have no chance. It's how I managed to snag my 3080 and 5800x

1 hour ago, Geek said:

You gotta watch the bot streams or you pretty much have no chance. It's how I managed to snag my 3080 and 5800x

Yeah I've got them up all day with discord as well during work.  Part of my problem is I'm holding out for the Gigabyte 3080 for aesthetics which makes it so much harder.  I'm taking Thursday off so I might try to head to MicroCenter and hope to get lucky.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Yeah I've got them up all day with discord as well during work.  Part of my problem is I'm holding out for the Gigabyte 3080 for aesthetics which makes it so much harder.  I'm taking Thursday off so I might try to head to MicroCenter and hope to get lucky.  

Check a rural-ish area's microcenter near you they generally tend to not get people checking their stock as often and always have in-person unit reserved. 

18 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Which one? I got an aorus. Gigabyte tends to do a lot of combo deals on newegg so you might need to buy one and send the other part back.

6 hours ago, Geek said:

Which one? I got an aorus. Gigabyte tends to do a lot of combo deals on newegg so you might need to buy one and send the other part back.

Looking at the vision since its the only white(ish) one out there.  They have a combo on newegg with a ****ty PSU so I'm trying for that one and will just return the PSU.

I got the 3080!!!  Came up on Best Buy today and they luckily had one about an hour away from where my parents live.  Store pickup only so I'll need to head home for a weekend or bribe my brother to go pick it up for me.  

AMD had the 5900x on their site this morning and I got it in my cart but their site completely crashed. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I got the 3080!!!  Came up on Best Buy today and they luckily had one about an hour away from where my parents live.  Store pickup only so I'll need to head home for a weekend or bribe my brother to go pick it up for me.  

AMD had the 5900x on their site this morning and I got it in my cart but their site completely crashed. 

Congrats on getting the 3080 regardless. I went to my local Microcenter and saw the chaos lines for the 3070/80 cards which led me to my 60 Ti choice. That's a huge come up for you to grab both the 3080 and 5900x because on discord, twitter, etc people are going absolutely nuts!

Edited by RavensfanRD
error
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Congrats on getting the 3080 regardless. I went to my local Microcenter and saw the chaos lines for the 3070/80 cards which led me to my 60 Ti choice. That's a huge come up for you to grab both the 3080 and 5900x because on discord, twitter, etc people are going absolutely nuts!

Unfortunately I didn't get the 5900x since their site crashed and then they ran out of stock.

I did however just get off a chat with Best Buy and they updated my order to ship to the best buy 15 minutes from my house instead of 6 hours away lol

35 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Unfortunately I didn't get the 5900x since their site crashed and then they ran out of stock.

I did however just get off a chat with Best Buy and they updated my order to ship to the best buy 15 minutes from my house instead of 6 hours away lol

Sounds like a huge win to me, lol