PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I got the 3080!!!  Came up on Best Buy today and they luckily had one about an hour away from where my parents live.  Store pickup only so I'll need to head home for a weekend or bribe my brother to go pick it up for me.  

AMD had the 5900x on their site this morning and I got it in my cart but their site completely crashed. 

Damn I also wanted a vision to fit the whole white black theme of my setup. Still I can't complain that I managed to snag a 3080 when so many people have been having trouble getting one themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

Got Gears Tactics on steam for $30 and I dove into it hardcore. Such a strategic turn based variant on the Gears universe. Love everything about it so far. Runs great on my PC and I'm only rocking a GTX 1060 GGB. Have all the settings set to ultra and getting a solid 60 FPS. Gears is the one franchise that I dread not having on Playstation but at least I have the PC versions to appease me :D

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 3:55 AM, RavensfanRD said:

I'm a psychopath. Just build a new PC last month and now want to build another one for my living room. Once stock stabilizes, I'm thinking of moving my 3060 Ti to the living room PC and buy a 6800 for my personal PC. Prices are so stupid right now, lol.

Ha...I just talked my boss out of building one for his son right now due to prices.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

How bad are GPUs right now?

They're really hard to find. I had to spend 5 days watching a stream of a bot that would ping the stream everytime 3080's got in stock in order to get my hands on one. Even then I had to get it in a bundle deal with a PSU I didn't want to get it. I did end up sending the PSU back though.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

I have a LG950 coming in a few days but need a stronger GPU to go with it.

Might get just get a prebuilt and sell my custom to make back some of the difference. 

What GPU do you currently have? Depending on what you have, might be best to wait based on these absurd prices.

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

I have a 5700 from Sapphire. 

I didn't flash it because I was afraid to damage but I might not have a choice. 

You can sell that 5700 and get more than your original purchase price back with the way the market has went completely nuts. What GPU are you looking to buy? I have a 3060 Ti, but I'm hunting for a reference AMD 6800 XT. Such a tedious endeavor 😩😆 

Built a new rig over the weekend. My old PC was close to 10 years old but still running BF5 and COD decently. Anyway new rig I went with

AMD Ryzon 7 3700X
Asus TUF Gaming Plus X570
Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 32GB (2x16)
Phantecks Gold 650W PSU
Samsung Evo m.2 SSD 250 GBS (for windows and applications only, I have another SSD just for game installs)
Corsair 280MM Liquid Cooler AIO
Reusing my GTX 1060 6GB from the old build for now until GPU's become available again. Refuse to get price gouged.

Ran Cold War on Ultra settings 90-100 FPS. BF5 on ultra barely got 60 lols. That game is such a beast.

• Like 2