Official We Need Help at WR Thread

dtait93

For those who haven't gone through this #TitansDropsThread on Twitter you should. 6/8 of the drops so far have been on 3rd down that could have either extended drives or been touchdowns. We are asking practice squad players to be more than practice squad players and it is unacceptable. Williams should be cut tomorrow morning for that sorry excuse of a route and dropping that touchdown like the bum he is. And Jennings is lucky as hell Davis bailed his sorry *** out last week. He's just as much of a choke artist as Williams and shouldn't be trusted to be a pass catcher.

We can't keep leaving Marcus out there to dry. It is beyond ridiculous. He is constantly making plays and the guys around him are letting him down over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Jonnu Smith, Darius Jennings, Nick Williams, and Tajae Sharpe (to a lesser extent) are NOT good receiving options. I was one of the original one's who wanted to take the, "let's wait and see" approach. Well that approach screwed us once and nearly screwed us twice. Even I didn't think it was going to be this bad, but because it is, Robinson needs to get Marcus some help immediately. He's been pretty gold so far through his tenure, but this is bad.

It's kind of like when we needed a punt returner. We just wanted someone who could field the ball. We didn't even care if we gained a yard. I think that's when we resigned Mariani. 

Now we need a wr that can simply catch an open pass. Lol. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

It's kind of like when we needed a punt returner. We just wanted someone who could field the ball. We didn't even care if we gained a yard. I think that's when we resigned Mariani. 

Now we need a wr that can simply catch an open pass. Lol. 

Mariani incoming? 

If we don't want to go the vet free agency route, just get Deontay Burnett off the Jets practice squad.

Already knows the system and was touted as sure handed in his predraft scouting reports (and showed that for the most part during preseason).

Having watched Dez every game of  his career right now he is not worth the money  I am as frustrated as any one in the two huge drops the last two games and yes the one today ultimately cost us the game but we still had chances to win this game and I think the fumble by Taylor was almost as costly as the Lewis fumble 

Still at this point I think we should have won even with that drop and the offense  was really bad maybe missed Conklin/Kelly and while the D was awesome we really missed Woodyard in the first half and the final drive 

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Having watched Dez every game of  his career right now he is not worth the money  I am as frustrated as any one in the two huge drops the last two games and yes the one today ultimately cost us the game but we still had chances to win this game and I think the fumble by Taylor was almost as costly as the Lewis fumble 

Still at this point I think we should have won even with that drop and the offense  was really bad maybe missed Conklin/Kelly and while the D was awesome we really missed Woodyard in the first half and the final drive 

Dez can help us. If we sign him to a deal that only lasts until the end of this year I don't see any harm in it because he'll be off the books come the offseason. Nice comparison by @ragevsuall17 here. Dez would be an instant upgrade over those roaches Nick Williams and Darius Jennings.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:59 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

And just to compare Dez and Matthews... 

in the past two seasons

Bryant - 29 games, 228 targets, 119 receptions, 1634 yards, 13.7 ypr, 14 TDs

Rishard - 30 games, 195 targets, 118 receptions, 1740 yards, 14.7 ypr, 13 TDs

Most of us outside Dallas, and even some there don't believe Dak is a good QB.  "But some of this stems from Prescott's passes. PFF deemed 40 of Prescott's 112 targets of Bryant uncatchable. And the receiver's batted down several other near-interceptions from the defensive backs guarding him... Some attribute the dropoff to a lack of chemistry between Bryant and quarterback Dak Prescott." 

As far as drops, "when it comes to literal passes dropped, the sun glare at AT&T Stadium remains a factor."  PFF had him 2nd in the league in 2017 with 9 drops (other sites range from 5-10)... but he wasn't close to the worst when it comes to drop percentage... of notable receivers, OBJ was at 19.35%, Cooper was at 19.23%... much higher than Dez' 12.5.  DThomas (10.98), KAllen (9.28), and JJones (8.83) were other high tier players on that list.  The year before, Dez' drop % was 3.85...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/12/24/cowboys-wr-dez-bryants-drops-seahawks-ezekiel-elliott-rest-league-stats-last-year 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Came here to post this. Don’t Love Parker. Certainly like him more than any receiver on the roster not named Corey or Taywan.

Definitely like him more then any WR outside of Davis and Taylor. I think with no pressure of being the Number 1 WR would be perfect for him. Only thing that has me hesitatant is the injuries but if he could stay healthy it would be a Steal.

Archived