Official We Need Help at WR Thread

dtait93

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Thought I heard he could be available for some random reason

Someone speculated that Cameron Brate may be available because Howard was starting to outplay him.

That may have been what you were thinking of.

seeing nate washington tweet about our WR situation and thinking about how much i miss that guy. a player like him would be a godsend for our offense right now. also an example of a guy who struggled with drops and then turned it around to become a sure-handed, reliable target. our WRs could learn a thing or two from him.

11 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Gonna be really disappointed if we don't make some kind of move. Sign Pryor, trade for Thomas or Sanders or whoever...just do something.

I think prepare for disappointment. 
But if it doesn't happen today, I don't think it's happening.  It is Tuesday. Players off day. Normally a day to workout free agents.  

Perfect time to make a move, being a bye week and all too.

11 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Gonna be really disappointed if we don't make some kind of move. Sign Pryor, trade for Thomas or Sanders or whoever...just do something.

I would trade for Sanders in a heartbeat. However, we would have to give him a new contract at the end of the season. Would offer a 3rd for him and be happy with that.

9 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

I would trade for Sanders in a heartbeat. However, we would have to give him a new contract at the end of the season. Would offer a 3rd for him and be happy with that.

I wouldn’t mind Sanders. He’s signed through 2019 with a potential out after this season at a 2.6 mil hit if we use the out, so he wouldn’t be due a new contract after this season. A 3rd is too rich for my liking though.

12 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I just think rolling with this group would be doing a massive disservice to the franchise moving forward. Not just by sacrificing wins, but this staff has a massive decision coming up at QB, continually putting Mariota in a position to fail only makes the decision more difficult.

If we gave up a 4th and 7th round pick like the saints did for a WR I’d be perfectly okay with that.. but Pryor is sitting right there for the taking if we want him. Only WR I’d be willing to trade for is Thomas. If we could get Parker for 4th or lower I’d be okay with that. The question is can he stay healthy tho

Archived