Official We Need Help at WR Thread

dtait93

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Should’ve kept Burnett but Robinson was more fascinated with the likes of Batson, Jennings, and Williams. One thing Burnett can do is catch.

the discussion as to whether or not we should've kept Burnett aside, these are the kinds of plays our WRs haven't been making for Marcus.

12 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

the discussion as to whether or not we should've kept Burnett aside, these are the kinds of plays our WRs haven't been making for Marcus.

Sad thing I feel he’s going to be another serviceable quality starter we always let go, that some other team picks up & they make plays. Just like Blount, & Doyle. 

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

neat how we could’ve had michael thomas, sterling shepard, or tyler boyd and selected kevin dodd instead

It sounds easy knowing the outcome today but coming out Kevin Dodd was viewed as a late 1st round 2nd round pick, who many scouts compared to Michael Bennett. His only knock was that he was fairly old for a rookie, but he was very productive coming out a winning program & dominated in big games. But yea it sucks knowing we passed on guys that are big time players 

12 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Sad thing I feel he’s going to be another serviceable quality starter we always let go, that some other team picks up & they make plays. Just like Blount, & Doyle. 

Came just to say it's gonna haunt us just like Doyle and Blount. 

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

How often does he throw it up and put it in a position for his guy to make a play though? Yeah, we've had problems with drops, but most of them have been to well open guys.

Davis has rarely had a chance to go up and bring down a well placed football.

I'm not saying it's all on Mariota, but if we want plays like this, the issue is two-fold. We say our WRs can't get open and that's why Mariota struggles. Burnett wasn't open by our standards for Mariota. Not even close.

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

How often does he throw it up and put it in a position for his guy to make a play though? Yeah, we've had problems with drops, but most of them have been to well open guys.

Davis has rarely had a chance to go up and bring down a well placed football.

I'm not saying it's all on Mariota, but if we want plays like this, the issue is two-fold. We say our WRs can't get open and that's why Mariota struggles. Burnett wasn't open by our standards for Mariota. Not even close.

If you can't catch it when you're open, what faith do I have in you to make it when your covered. 

Let's not forget this the same QB that would throw it to Delaine Walker when there was 5 Colts around him. He routinely threw it to Walker when he was covered and threw it to Andre Johnson to win the Detroit game when he wasn't open. 

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Schefter said we were one of the 4 teams linked with a trade for Demaryius Thomas. Colts, Texans, Pats the other 3.

Meh. He is going downhill fast. His contract is also so much. Then again he is still better than anything we have lol

19 hours ago, KingTitan said:

If you can't catch it when you're open, what faith do I have in you to make it when your covered. 

Let's not forget this the same QB that would throw it to Delaine Walker when there was 5 Colts around him. He routinely threw it to Walker when he was covered and threw it to Andre Johnson to win the Detroit game when he wasn't open. 

Davis and Sharpe have had issues catching the ball this season?

They have three drops combined through 7 games and we're going to continue to use this narrative? The drop issues are with Taylor and the practice squad guys who were in big, unfortunate, situations. 

Using drops as a reason not to fit it in to a tight window with the others is just looking for a scapegoat. 

He may have done it at times in his career, but he's not doing it on a game to game basis. 

The initial point was that we have no guys who can make contested catches. My counter argument is that they do not have frequent, if any, opportunities to do so. 

Archived