Official We Need Help at WR Thread

dtait93

https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/1536408002

Thought this was a good article, but maybe only because it aligns with my thinking. Just don’t find myself interested in any of the free agent options other than Coleman and there are still many questions with him given his off-season. 

Some of the trade possibilities the article mentions are:

Mohammed Sanu

Amari Cooper 

Pierre Garcon

Sterling Shepard/Beckham

Basically the idea is trade with a team off to a slow start who may want to sell. Trade is really the only way I see us finding a solution mid-season. 

I thought last week that if we seriously wanted to consider ourselves as contenders this year, we would see us go out an find another WR. If we had Walker, I don't think we're in this mess, but we don't.

If we don't seek a trade I think we're content in not competing this year or we think we're still too far away to compete this year.

We have our #1, so I think that helps when looking for options as guys don't have to come in and be great right away. Unfortunately, our next best receiver after him is a RB.

I was a big fan of Amari Cooper, but he has struggled mightily with drops. I also really like Sterling Shepherd, but I think I just saw video of him kicking **** on the sideline last night. If he's not going to be doing that going forward I think he would actually be a really good fit for us as I think we are really missing an underneath receiver right now. Walker was good at that for us.

17 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Thought this was a good article, but maybe only because it aligns with my thinking. Just don’t find myself interested in any of the free agent options other than Coleman and there are still many questions with him given his off-season. 

Mohammed Sanu

Amari Cooper 

Pierre Garcon

Sterling Shepard/Beckham

Basically the idea is trade with a team off to a slow start who may want to sell. Trade is really the only way I see us finding a solution mid-season. 

I'd love to have Cooper. But don't think we will do what is needed to get him. Can't see anything less than a 3rd. Maybe more for him. 

You want someone from the Gruden/Shanahan/McVay systems. So that would be Garcon, Sanu, Cooper based on that little list. 

But we aren't trading for a WR. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

I'd love to have Cooper. But don't think we will do what is needed to get him. Can't see anything less than a 3rd. Maybe more for him. 

You want someone from the Gruden/Shanahan/McVay systems. So that would be Garcon, Sanu, Cooper based on that little list. 

But we aren't trading for a WR. 

we need some scoop from The Guy of a Guy!!

1 hour ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Mohammed Sanu

Amari Cooper 

Pierre Garcon

Sterling Shepard/Beckham

I would be all for Sterling Shepard. I’ve always been super impressed with his route running. I’m completely sold on Shepard as a player  

I have no idea how to even start with Cooper, there is just something not right in his head. He is so talented but has frustrating levels of inconsistencies. 

Sterling shepherd would be my top choice but highly doubt that happens. Plus he wears the cursed 87 so that wouldn’t work out at all.

as much disarray the raiders are in we could probably get cooper for a decent price.

all I knw is we need somebody else to catch footballs. Especially since the biggest piece of the offense is gone(Delaine). At this point teams knw that if they take away Davis we really have no other WR they have to worry about. It’s pretty sad that our 2ns best WR is a RB

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep that’s the help we needed...

Dunno if he's the only move we're gonna make this week but at this point I do think I'd rather see Firkser than Smith. Not that I'm exactly expecting much from him, but we know he can't be much worse.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Dunno if he's the only move we're gonna make this week but at this point I do think I'd rather see Firkser than Smith. Not that I'm exactly expecting much from him, but we know he can't be much worse.

I think we bout to get creative wit the H back position my opinion & maybe start running Henry wit a lead back 

Archived